Jalen Tabor and C'yontai Lewis suspended for Week 1

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
After reading the article I was actually relieved...sadly.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Radio reports are a little different here in Jax. Not saying any of them know the truth. They're reporting Tabor hit Lewis with his helmet and Lewis beat Tabor's azz. They said Tabor was pretty messed up after the fight.

So who knows? :dunno:

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously a rumor or lousy reporting, this Tabor fellow is a thing of the past, now if they said Teez is suspended, it would have my attention

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I was there I and saw the whole incident go down.

It all started innocently enough in the meeting room with Lewis trying to get the receivers fired up for a good practice. He wrote a few things on the board about beating the CBs, one of which included the phrase "their overrated."

Teez saw this and immediately got in Lewis' face about the improper use of the word "their." Lewis insisted that the word was spelled correctly but Teez insisted that although he did in fact spell it properly he was using a synonym of the word "they're." Lewis partially conceded the point but noted that it wasn't a synonym but in fact a homonym, and that furthermore it isn't really a word per se but in fact a contraction of two words. Well Teez wouldn't back down, insisting that it was in fact a synonym, not a homonym.

Well as you can imagine, things got pretty heated after that and it wasn't long until helmets were swinging and one guy even pulled a knife. Thank sweet baby Jesus that a shirtless Spurrier walked into the room just then with a set of spinning nun chucks and scared the bejeebus out of everybody in the room. Poor Teez didn't see him though until it was too late...when he turned to see what everyone was staring at he inadvertently walking right into the path of the swinging weapon and got his melon split wide open.

Thankfully, everyone was quickly shuffled into the nearest safe space by the coaching staff and grief counselors from the English department were summoned post haste. In addition to the aforementioned suspensions, both Lewis and Tabor have been ordered to diagram 10 compound sentences on the blackboard and to memorize the X 13 multiplication tables. Both should be back in the lineup prior to us hosting the mighty Presbyterian Blue Hose for Homecoming Week.

Post of the DAY!!!

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Radio reports are a little different here in Jax. Not saying any of them know the truth. They're reporting Tabor hit Lewis with his helmet and Lewis beat Tabor's azz. They said Tabor was pretty messed up after the fight.

That wouldnt surprise me

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

That actually makes more sense.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Couldn't they just have had a boxing match instead?
When I played and 2 guys got into it at practice they got to go at it with each other for about 2 or 3 minutes in the "circle" with their hands taped behind their backs so they couldn't grab each other....it really helped me to lower my shoulder when tackling or blocking since it seemed I was in there every other day:lol2:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, we don't want to be a self inflicting lot, shooting ourselves in the foot thing... but, sometimes a good fight brings stronger bonds... I will say to a degree it's nice to see we have a pulse and some testosterone to unleash... game 1 can't get here quick enough.
:chomp:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
A general question. And maybe it's a question for you guys that played at the college level (I'm looking at you Sas). Isn't there a different punishment that would be more effective other than a game suspension? Running stadium steps or whatever? Or make your squad run steps. Would these guys think twice about screwing up if not only they paid the price but if they knew their buddies were going to pay. So if Tabor screws up he knows all the db's will have to run steps with him. Would that be more effective. I don't know but at that age I really wasn't to concerned about myself but letting all my buddies down would give me pause for thought.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A general question. And maybe it's a question for you guys that played at the college level (I'm looking at you Sas). Isn't there a different punishment that would be more effective other than a game suspension? Running stadium steps or whatever? Or make your squad run steps. Would these guys think twice about screwing up if not only they paid the price but if they knew their buddies were going to pay. So if Tabor screws up he knows all the db's will have to run steps with him. Would that be more effective. I don't know but at that age I really wasn't to concerned about myself but letting all my buddies down would give me pause for thought.

I do that with my kids. If one keeps making a mistake I punish both. It works.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well the way I see it you people owe me for one jelly donut! Hit it ladies!

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well the way I see it you people owe me for one jelly donut! Hit it ladies!
giphy.gif

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@_31Flavorz: Scuffles happen in football all the time , just didn't kno you could get suspended for it lol

@_31Flavorz: I accept my punishment

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Teezmama1: My son was involved in a altercation with another teammate, in which, he had NO CHOICE but to defend himself.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Teezmama1: My son was involved in a altercation with another teammate, in which, he had NO CHOICE but to defend himself.
So by that my guess is that Tabor started it, and Lewis finished it.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to say with this me "me first" generation. Do they really care about letting anyone else down or more about what they don't get?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb