Jeff Demps vs Chris Rainey vs Percy Harvin

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

My favorite Percy play. So close to the D players but they had no chance, he just left them.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Love all three, so this isn’t to take away from any of them. But the biggest thing that stands out to me from that video, and my recollection, is that the majority of those Demps/Rainey clips are against marginal or lower competition. Percy stands out because of how he dominated against the upper level teams, where the other two(outside of some exceptions) had a tendency to kind of disappear. To be fair, they didn’t have the same coach in 2010-2011 and even 2009 was a shell of its former self under Daz, but I still just remember PH making incredible plays against even the better teams.

Also noticed one of those scores from Demps against UK made it 35-0 with like 12min+ in the second quarter. That’s why we never lost to those teams. Bury them early and force them to toss game plans out the window in either panic or quit.
Exactly. I love Rainey and demps but they're not even in the same stratosphere as Percy. Demps and Rainey were weapons but couldn't produce without a power back getting all the tuff yards. It didn't make a shcit who was on the field for Percy. He was threat to score every time he touched it. Percy could legit be the most talented player of all time here, atleast there's a good argument for it.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

My favorite Percy play. So close to the D players but they had no chance, he just left them.

Shows you how fast Murphy was. At the end he comes into the bottom of the screen.

That play also won us some free washer fluid!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ah- the days of not worrying about whether we were going to win or not - but just wondering by how much

Yep. I didn’t go up for that game because my wife was close in her pregnancy and had a scare the day before. Remember being at the hospital that day, not even being nervous and getting text updates from one of my best friends(a bulldog), saying “you guys are just stupid good”, “this isn’t even fair”, etc. Now I have to be the one sending those texts to him.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Yep. I didn’t go up for that game because my wife was close in her pregnancy and had a scare the day before. Remember being at the hospital that day, not even being nervous and getting text updates from one of my best friends(a bulldog), saying “you guys are just stupid good”, “this isn’t even fair”, etc. Now I have to be the one sending those texts to him.
Bannable offense, imo.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Bo Carroll anyone?
star wars GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.