Jeff Driskel starting for Lions

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Don't forget Jacoby Brissett playing well after coming back from injury in the muschump bashing.

"I have all the time in the world to talk about Jacoby," Zach Pascal said in the postgame locker room. "That guy knows how to play winning football. He just knows."

Pascal wants to talk about the touchdown pass first. The one Brissett threw to Marcus Johnson after pulling a Houdini act by evading the Jaguars pass rush. No one understands just how athletic Brissett is, Pascal laughs. Everyone should have to watch him play basketball. Then they'll understand.

After raving about his hoops skills, Pascal quickly takes the conversation in a different direction. He starts talking about why Brissett means so darn much to the Colts. How they can look like such wildly different teams with and without him.

It's all about the confidence he instills in them, Pascal explains. He calls Brissett the team's security blanket. They're at ease with him on the field.

Announcer mentioned that Brissett was a leader in the locker room, even when Luck was still with the team. Seems that the Gator players who wanted him to be the starting QB at UF knew more than muschimp.

Brissett is a poised, confident leader. Always has the respect of the locker room. And yes....a tremendous athlete. Played point guard in HS and controlled the game for a state championship squad.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The argument was never that he's better than the Dolphins' scout team quarterback, and doesn't deserve to be in the league in that kind of role.
yeah the NFL contract causes a lot of this. plenty of third and fourth-year guys get cut despite being better than rookies, because the contract requires them to be paid five to ten times as much. Although the vets might be better, they are not 5 to 10 times better and most teams choose to go with rookies instead.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The next non-Driskel post gets someone banned for a week. Take the Kaepernick garbage to the PF.

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
Hey dipshyt, he didn't "win" any suit, it was settled out of court and the NFL admitted no wrongdoing, so where is this "proof" you keep talking about?

Just because his attorneys argued it, doesn't mean it's an absolute truth.

The argument was never that he's better than the Dolphins' scout team quarterback, and doesn't deserve to be in the league in that kind of role, was it? It's whether he brings too much baggage for a team to take a chance on him and him still being an attention whore like he is.

I'll hang up and listen.
When the other side pays up, I'd call that a win.

That's your argument. I've never mentioned baggage; that's the excuse that was made for Tebow's not cutting the mustard in the NFL.

My argument has always centered on ability, chief.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
It’s late in the game, under two minutes, and JD takes the field with his Lions tied 16 all. It’s third and long and he goes back to pass looking for a target. Suddenly he spots his old college teammate open and past mid field. He guns it complete to Quentin Dunbar. Yessss!!!! First Dow....what? Dunbar is a DB now? And he plays for the Redskins? Dohhhhhh. Skins then drive the other way for a FG and take the lead. Now JD is on his own 25 again with very little time left. First down: incomplete when Dunbar pushes the receiver out of bounds. (“Damn that guy - I thought we were friends” JD says to himself). Second down: Sacked by Ryan Anderson (Crimson Tide alum sacking JD for old times sake). Third down: Gets a pass off and it’s....intercepted. Game over. Ah Driskelling; brings back fond memories.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
It’s late in the game, under two minutes, and JD takes the field with his Lions tied 16 all. It’s third and long and he goes back to pass looking for a target. Suddenly he spots his old college teammate open and past mid field. He guns it complete to Quentin Dunbar. Yessss!!!! First Dow....what? Dunbar is a DB now? And he plays for the Redskins? Dohhhhhh. Skins then drive the other way for a FG and take the lead. Now JD is on his own 25 again with very little time left. First down: incomplete when Dunbar pushes the receiver out of bounds. (“Damn that guy - I thought we were friends” JD says to himself). Second down: Sacked by Ryan Anderson (Crimson Tide alum sacking JD for old times sake). Third down: Gets a pass off and it’s....intercepted. Game over. Ah Driskelling; brings back fond memories.
I’ve been told over and over on this site by all the Driskel apologists that he’s an NFL quarterback(and was all along) who was ruined by Duncechump. Now you’re telling me that he’s still Driskeling all these years later? You’re kidding.

Granted, the chimp didn’t do him any favors, but the guy was a dipshyt all along anyway.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel is starting NFL games. He could be doing quite a bit worse.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tell us where he touched you.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
20-33 207 and 9 carries for 63 yds. Game didn’t end well for him or the Lions.

Still proud of the guy. He’s done enough now that he will stick 10 years or longer in the NFL. Awesome.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He’s done enough now that he will stick 10 years or longer in the NFL. Awesome.
:lmao2:

Dude is like 1-8 and falls apart completely. Yeah, Im sure there is a long list of shytty teams wanting some of that. He can just rotate between Cincy and Detroit.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
:lmao2:

Dude is like 1-8 and falls apart completely. Yeah, Im sure there is a long list of shytty teams wanting some of that. He can just rotate between Cincy and Detroit.

He will be on an NFL roster for years to come. Good for him.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He has size and talent, just lacks between the ears!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You’re nuts.
Have you seen the list of 2nd and 3rd string NFL QB's? Many of them make Driskel look like the 2nd coming of Bobby Layne.

Hell, most of them would break down and pee themselves on the field if they actually had to play. At least Driskel can get through a game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.