Jeff Driskel - The Wide Receiver

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Quitter and a bulldog.
I aplaud him for leaving and Butters for encouraging him to do so.

One more year of his garbage QB play could have caused mass suicide, or more uncontrollable and random priaprisms MattM.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I aplaud him for leaving and Butters for encouraging him to do so.

One more year of his garbage QB play could have caused mass suicide, or more uncontrollable and random priaprisms MattM.

His quarterback play could have been worse with Nuttmonger at OC....

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Easily. Driskel still panics and looks at the line as soon as the ball is snapped. It's the kind of thing that an average QB breaks in middle school.

It's why he was good for 4-6 turnovers in any game that mattered even at directional Louisiana and how he managed to do the unthinkable, lose twice to the Browns.
Driskel might have won the Heisman with CDM as his coach. Can you imagine his size, arm, and 4.5 speed? CDM would kill to recruit a QB like that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel might have won the Heisman with CDM as his coach. Can you imagine his size, arm, and 4.5 speed? CDM would kill to recruit a QB like that.
He had a shot at him and wasn't interested. Hell, everyone had a shot at him and directional LA was the only one interested.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
He had a shot at him and wasn't interested. Hell, everyone had a shot at him and directional LA was the only one interested.
You are right about Mullens'. He didn't go after Driskel. I think he knew that Driskel was the better QB, but went with Dak Prescott because Dak already knew the system.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
5xymk9twmu021.png
You would have that that after being in the NFL this long, he would have had the
money to get those ears pined.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
I agree with ya, Donk. If CDM coached him (perfect for his system), I believe Driskel easily could've been in the Heisman conversation. May have been the absolute worst of Chump and his coaches many bad moves.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I agree with ya, Donk. If CDM coached him (perfect for his system), I believe Driskel easily could've been in the Heisman conversation. May have been the absolute worst of Chump and his coaches many bad moves.

No thought makes me more conflicted. Driskel was awful, nothing worse than that game at Bama. I was at both that and Miami and the Bama one hurt worse. Why? Because of all the receivers streaking behind the defense Dumbo overthrew by a mile. I think he was like 4/13 on deep throws that game. If he is anywhere near accurate we make a better game of it. Defense did well besides that moronic decision not to timeout when Morrison got matched against a wideout.

However, Driskel might have been ok with a coach who could harness and develop his raw talent.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Believe that was my position, not Donk's.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont think am HBack/slot receiver has ever been in the Heisman conversation. it looks like he's been passed on the Bengals depth chart by the new draft pick and is just hoping to find a way to stay on the roster as a wide receiver or special teams player, upback, I dont know.

The dreaded moved to wide receiver.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bengals.com's Geoff Hobson believes Jeff Driskel is a cut candidate if rookie QB Ryan Finley shows well in the preseason.

Finley is mentally ready for the backup job, but he reportedly needs to show the coaching staff that he has the physical tools. The reality is the Bengals are very likely to keep Finley on the active roster regardless of how he plays in the preseason after spending a fourth-round pick on him. Driskel will need the Bengals to keep three quarterbacks active to survive cuts.

SOURCE: Bengals.com

Jun 23, 2019, 4:32 PM ET

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I don't really mean to knock him, but it's purely genetics. He has the size, build and natural athletic ability that make him just enticing enough for teams to think he could eventually be a good player. Credit to him for playing that card as long as he has, and who knows. He could keep it up, play some mop-up or emergency downs for a couple more years and end up having a really successful NFL career. Stranger things have happened.

5 years to vest in the pension plan...

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Give the guy credit, he's already done the unthinkable by first making any league roster years ago and staying on one for many years to follow. Driskel has made a dumptruck load of money doing NFL backup work. It also points to the obvious - we've gone through a gawdawful series of coaches that wasted the Gator national reputation for over a decade. The thought of the chimp and MacNuss on the sidelines still gives me chills.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bengals.com's Geoff Hobson believes Jeff Driskel is a cut candidate if rookie QB Ryan Finley shows well in the preseason.

Finley is mentally ready for the backup job, but he reportedly needs to show the coaching staff that he has the physical tools. The reality is the Bengals are very likely to keep Finley on the active roster regardless of how he plays in the preseason after spending a fourth-round pick on him. Driskel will need the Bengals to keep three quarterbacks active to survive cuts.

SOURCE: Bengals.com

Jun 23, 2019, 4:32 PM ET

Also Driskel is the last year of his rookie deal, the Bengal are cheap. They were going to pick up a rookie regardless of how he played. The key is now that he is not going to be on a rookie deal after this season, who would pick him up at a qb price..... no one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator