7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator said:
ATXGator;n51166 said:
I'd rather have Towles than Driskel...

You hating on Driskel while still repping him in your AV. :lol:
atx was a big Driskel nutswinger. Kinda shocking that he finally fell off the wagon.

Don't worry Doggle. He'll be back I'm sure.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
BMF said:
The biggest problems w/ this team are:

1. Driskel
2. O-line

The play calling was fine. The negative results were a direct result of these two things. Something has to change or we're not going to a bowl game....much less winning the East (and that talk should stop right NOW!).
Disagree Homer, the run blocking was fine...the pass protection was terrible. Sure, JD should have made better decisions...but that's hard to do w/ a defender in your face all game.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I rarely criticize college athletes. But, this seems appropriate. Also, so happy I found this site. I wasn't aware until the other forum came online.

Attachments

• conv_755.jpg
    conv_755.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 36

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp said:
I rarely criticize college athletes. But, this seems appropriate. Also, so happy I found this site. I wasn't aware until the other forum came online.

Good to see you, man. Get an avatar.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
MidwestChomp said:

Will do Ox!

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
[quote name=''78' timestamp='1410700877']It's no coincidence that Roper calls so many quick outs with Driskel under center. Give him a play where he's given no time to think and he executes. Ask him to process the field and he goes all indecisive over what to do, hardly ever releasing the ball early to a breaking receiver. I lost count of the number of dropbacks last night where if he'd had better recognition of the play unfolding and greater confidence in himself, really good things could have happened. Instead what we saw was play after play of Driskel hesitating in the pocket, staring down receivers and throwing late into coverage. It's by no coincidence that our third-down conversion rate was so putrid or that we failed to convert more points. He had an obvious and easy touchdown toss to the flats late where, astonishingly, he double clutched before deciding what to do, again too late. The guy simply does not have it. [/quote]That double clutch late was 10xs worse than the overthrows in my opinion. Just zero confidence in letting it go. no awareness ahead of time that he would be breaking uncovered.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator said:
ATXGator;n51166 said:

I was trying to be really hopeful this year and positive. This was the year that he was in the right type of offense.. etc.. etc... etc.., so I decided to give the kid the benefit of the doubt, same with Muschamp. While I hope both of them prove me wrong... watching the way the team played during the Kentucky game does not give me hope. I don't hold on to an opinion if it doesn't map with what I see.

I had Driskel as my avatar hoping he would play up to the hopes I had for him. I didn't see it Saturday night. Maybe he will surprise me, but I'm not holding my breath.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator said:
He did that before he was hurt. It's not particularly abnormal for a guy to favor running to one side of the field.
He doesn't seem to get as much on his out passes to the left nor is he as accurate as witnessed by the very bad interception in the 1st half. It was there before the injury as well, remember the play where his leg was broken. Maybe it is something with footwork. Whatever it is better be corrected before it becomes a pick 6.

O

OnlyGatorz

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gatormac2112 said:
Dammit, I can't figure out how to reply to a reply. This site is wonky on an ipad.
Comment is best for inline.

O

OnlyGatorz

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kyng said:
UGA lost and we WON. I'm content for tonight. I feel like Driskel redeemed himself on the 4th and 7 in OT. I'm not buying the whole delay of game thing. The refs will only make that call if it was obvious. In real time it's too hard to tell. I think a hard fought win such as this game will bring the team closer together.
Agreed!

O

OnlyGatorz

Founding Member
Founding Member
Circle City Gator said:
Five-star athleticism can't overcome one-star intellect behind center in the SEC. That, in a nutshell, is the story of Jeff Driskel. Sorry to say it - he seems like a nice kid, but he's not processing and making good decisions at the rate needed in big time college ball.
Average QB with good play calling. That our M.O. this year.

O

OnlyGatorz

Founding Member
Founding Member
playzwtrux said:
I agree, there were a lot of bad calls last night. I think the SEC office will review the Taylor play this week and suspend the player.
Can they do that after a game is over?

O

OnlyGatorz

Founding Member
Founding Member
'78 said:
I was told that Driskel peed his pants in the first half, so that's why he missed all his throws.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BMF said:
The biggest problems w/ this team are:

1. Driskel
2. O-line

The play calling was fine. The negative results were a direct result of these two things. Something has to change or we're not going to a bowl game....much less winning the East (and that talk should stop right NOW!).
Best game in 4 years? What game were you watching, because it certainly wasn't the Gators. The pass blocking was mostly non-existent. I've seen HS lines form a pocket better than what those guys did. JD spent more than half his night running for his life. Get your grip back man. He may not be the best QB we've ever had, but try to at least keep your complaints on the reservation.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator said:
ATXGator;n51166 said:

I'm with you ATX, still hoping but not feeling real positive right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator