Jeremy Foley is directly responsible for this UGA title

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
"What should be done eventually must be done immediately" sure is an ironic quote considering Foley let everyone in the league save Vandy pass us in the facilities arms race.

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
vq883M.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Very accurate thread title. Even beyond the arms race thing, he directly showed his assistant(a uga grad) what not to do and how to destroy a program. Not surprisingly, that guy did almost a complete 180 from everything he was instructed and it worked. Tell me again all the reasons Foley is still in Gainesville?

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I am much more upset about this than I was expecting. Seeing that walking corpse Dooley sitting there raised my hatred to top tier levels.

I wanted that cawksucker to die without seeing another title. Fuchs all of them.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Will probably be remembered as one of the luckiest runs I've seen. With bama's top 2 receivers wich is pretty much all of offensive production out , they still barely won. I'll go back even further, if okie state stretches the ball 2 inches Georgia doesn't even get into the most cupcakelike playoffs we've ever had. So I'll give Foley some credit for letting uga accumulate some of the talent they have but I can't think of one championship team that they could beat. This is basically the same uga team that waxed by 20 by our 8-4 team last year.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Scumbag.

Discuss.

Let me count the ways:

1. The failure to defend Spurrier in 2001 leading to him leaving.

2. The 2002 Flying Foley Circus coaching search that immediately lowered the prestige of then the best football program in the country.

3. The failure to hire back Spurrier in 2005 because everyone knew that Meyer would be coaching at UF long after Spurrier retired.

4. The hiring of Muschamp and McElwain

5. The refusal to LEAVE UF upon "retiring" as AD and deciding to lurk around the UAA so no AD candidate with real stature would take the UF AD job.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If UF had been doing what they should have been doing the last 10+ years instead of ignoring facilities, hiring idiots and then allowing them free reign to destroy the program, UGA wouldn't have been sniffing NC's, it's as simple as that. I went to sleep pissed, as this is a direct reflection of us. It's absolutely outrageous this was allowed to happen and I hope Foley's dumb ass KNOWS IT as he went to sleep in his mansion paid for by the Gators.

Who am I kidding, he didn't lose a wink of sleep. There was always someone else to blame.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Lots of hard hitting in that game. Nearly NO missed tackles by either side. Breaks of the game didn't go Bama's way at the end, but the better team won last night. It was a fun game to watch if you like good, straight-up trench warfare SEC football. 4 years of lazy "recruiting" by Mullen and coaching imposters like Fat Todd and Knox have put us in both of those teams rear-views. We're rid of those lazy fuchs.

Strick letting Billy build his house is a great sign - we can be competing against the best in a couple of years.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of hard hitting in that game. Nearly NO missed tackles by either side. Breaks of the game didn't go Bama's way at the end, but the better team won last night. It was a fun game to watch if you like good, straight-up trench warfare SEC football. 4 years of lazy "recruiting" by Mullen and coaching imposters like Fat Todd and Knox have put us in both of those teams rear-views. We're rid of those lazy fuchs.

Strick letting Billy build his house is a great sign - we can be competing against the best in a couple of years.
There was nothing fun about it. It was a direct reflection of the Florida Gators.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I never felt like the not spending the money was a bad decision at the beginning, but once the TV money from the SEC Network started, there was no excuse. It was obvious that you had to. So I'll give a pass at the beginning, but the SEC Network has been passing money for 7 years. So he had about 2 years prior to know what was about to happen, and start getting everything lined up. Nine years. And even if you didn't want to build huge facilities at the beginning, that doesn't mean stop spending money altogether.

Without the SEC Network money, some of these programs would be financially stressed at this point. But the money is there and Fooley didn't adapt. What a fuching loser.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Will probably be remembered as one of the luckiest runs I've seen. With bama's top 2 receivers wich is pretty much all of offensive production out , they still barely won. I'll go back even further, if okie state stretches the ball 2 inches Georgia doesn't even get into the most cupcakelike playoffs we've ever had. So I'll give Foley some credit for letting uga accumulate some of the talent they have but I can't think of one championship team that they could beat. This is basically the same uga team that waxed by 20 by our 8-4 team last year.

This UGA team is nothing like the one we beat with Trask 2 years ago. Fundamentals and performance are way better. We still can't tackle for sh@t. Dawgs are a bunch of 5-star animals right now that dominate the trenches. They ruled the 4th qtr running over bama. Billy has work to do.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look now who’s gone a long period without even an appearance in the championship game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb