Jeremy Foley sends letter begging students to buy tickets

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it's a huge deal. They're probably just selling a little slow and partly because students don't realize they're still available.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
I don't think it's a huge deal. They're probably just selling a little slow and partly because students don't realize they're still available.
:bob:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess I can understand alumni cutting back on going to games because of the time and money involved, but for crying out loud what the hell else are students doing in Gainesville, Florida on a Saturday afternoon? Are we to believe that they're so scary busy that football games just can't fit into their schedule? And who gives a crap about how the team is playing. When you're in college the game is secondary to the party in the stands. I agree with the monkey, people are letting real life pass them by by having their noses in their phones all day. They freaking sleep with those damn things. They're going to be 80 years old one day and look back at their life as one long reddit thread.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n27614 said:
I guess I can understand alumni cutting back on going to games because of the time and money involved, but for crying out loud what the hell else are students doing in Gainesville, Florida on a Saturday afternoon? Are we to believe that they're so scary busy that football games just can't fit into their schedule? And who gives a crap about how the team is playing. When your in college the game is secondary to the party in the stands. I agree with the monkey, people are letting real life pass them by by having their noses in their phones all day. They freaking sleep with those damn things. Their going to be 80 years old one day and look back at their life as one long reddit thread.

This...all day. It's pathetic that people can't put the damn phone down for a few hours.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n27614 said:
Their going to be 80 years old one day and look back at their life as one long reddit thread.
You know what reddit is? Hmmmm. Sounds like you've been in your phone a little too long yourself.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Some majors actually require a lot of weekend study.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
Suddenly? After 100 years of Gator football?

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
divits;n27614 said:
Their going to be 80 years old one day and look back at their life as one long reddit thread.
You know what reddit is? Hmmmm. Sounds like you've been in your phone a little too long yourself.
Contrary to popular belief, I'm hep to the vibe the kids are layin' down these days. Dig?

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
My niece went to med school at Florida. She hardly ever missed a game.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
The new nerds are all hooked on 4.0's.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
Baghdad-Bob.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
Really? They just don't want to watch trash... just like the alums. Get a Grip!!!

Do you really think the stands would be empty if Spurrier (or other competent coach) were here and the offense was actually trying to win games?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
divits;n27614 said:
Damn it ox I fixing to say the same exact thing lol

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
We had some of the most inept teams in Gator history when I was at Florida. The student tickets sold out every year. You had to camp out to get Georgia tickets.

Again, winning is great, but in college going to football games is not necessarily about X's and O's. It's about enjoying the atmosphere and fun of major college football.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
then Ox and Law why don't you two explain why it's happening all over the country? Hell Saban was so pissed that students weren't showing that he wanted to ban no shows from getting tickets anymore. Yes I'msure some didn't come last year because of our season but there is a reason it's happening all over. No drinking , smoking , easy availability on tv , strictness on the part of security and/or the PD. Being able to sit on your own couch , pause the game, hit the can w/out a line, cheaper food, etc etc.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM. said:
Jesus Christ there was a lottery to be able to buy tickets and I knew a ton of kids that missed out on tickets for multiple years. This was only 4-5 years ago. **** these students seriously.
Yes, things HAVE changed in 4-5 years. Mainly our football teams has gone into the crapper and that fool Foley is the principle reason. And now he's stepping up and begging students to spend. Things got so bad last year that fans became too depressed to even boo at season's end, much less consider coughing up their parents' hard-earned cash. Oh, I'm sorry, I'm beating a dead horse.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
My major requires a LOT of studying, I usually take Saturday off though and wake up early Sunday and study from 8am to midnight with a few breaks here and there. I would rather do that then miss Gator football.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n27614 said:
I guess I can understand alumni cutting back on going to games because of the time and money involved, but for crying out loud what the hell else are students doing in Gainesville, Florida on a Saturday afternoon? Are we to believe that they're so scary busy that football games just can't fit into their schedule? And who gives a crap about how the team is playing. When you're in college the game is secondary to the party in the stands. I agree with the monkey, people are letting real life pass them by by having their noses in their phones all day. They freaking sleep with those damn things. They're going to be 80 years old one day and look back at their life as one long reddit thread.

Divits really nailed it here. The game experience doesn't really extend to the students these days. They are more focused on the narcasism of social media and if they can't immeditely post a #selfie on Instagram, FB, Twitter, etc... then they aren't interested. UF even has more evening games this year which should help, but this is a problem happening all over with College and NFL. The truth is the game experience is better these days at home so people are choosing to watch games there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb