Jeremy Foley sends letter begging students to buy tickets

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They will get the student tickets sold one way or another but I hope we start off good or you might start seeing some empty seats there. We need to be at just 1 loss after the LSU game to keep them filled probably.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator said:
JF: August has arrived, football practice has started and the fall semester will soon be underway.
What he meant: It’s hotter than hell in Gainesville, classes are starting, but there’s a tradition of escape waiting for you.

JF: In less than a month we will kick off the 2014 football season and to those of you who purchased season tickets via the lottery, we thank you for your support of the Gators.
What he meant: Some of you are aware of this thing called “Gator Football.”

JF: Part of what makes The Swamp one of the greatest game day experiences in the nation is the pride and passion from the East Side of the Stadium and our University of Florida students.
What he meant: Gator football is a game played with an oblong-shaped, pigskin covered ball by the most elite athletes in the country. They are compensated by tuition, books, and housing with most of their nutrition needs thrown in. They risk permanent injury with no assurance of financial recovery for physical loss. They work more than 30 hours/week during the season and aren’t allowed to maintain a part time job. They can’t accept money from the many donors who want them to be happy here are UF. They aren’t necessarily “college-material” as you might define that, but they have tutors, and they really, really need your approval to continue their dream of making big bucks in the NFL. So go out to the East stands, buy shirts, buy tickets, and raise money for the NCAA, and let’s make a few millionaires out of this lot!

JF: For those of you who have not yet purchased your seats, tickets are still available, via Gatorzone.com/students, on a first come first serve basis.
What he meant: Hurry, Hurry, Hurry, Step Right Up.

JF: I hope you will all join us in The Swamp each week as the energy and passion you bring is what makes game day so special. Our football team feeds off of that and needs you there.
What he meant: The alumni are abandoning us like rats on a ship after last season.

JF: I know the coaching staff and the student-athletes will continue to work tirelessly and put it all on the line to represent you – the Gator Nation.
What he meant: It is all on the line this year.

JF: Again, I thank you all for your support. I believe that we have a top university because of the dedication of our students, alumni, faculty and staff, and the pride that comes with being a Gator.
In All Kinds of Weather, We All Stick Together
What he meant: blah, blah, blah

Such a lame, vetted, approved, non-controversial, boring letter. Ugh.They will not attract students with that b.s. I'm a big college football fan, but I see the writing on the wall, and I don't think we can keep up the current system -- it isn't working for students or athletes. The canary is dead.
:shocked:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Fans get excited about juggernauts not tug boats.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator said:
JF: August has arrived, football practice has started and the fall semester will soon be underway.
What he meant: It’s hotter than hell in Gainesville, classes are starting, but there’s a tradition of escape waiting for you.

JF: In less than a month we will kick off the 2014 football season and to those of you who purchased season tickets via the lottery, we thank you for your support of the Gators.

JF: Part of what makes The Swamp one of the greatest game day experiences in the nation is the pride and passion from the East Side of the Stadium and our University of Florida students.
What he meant: Gator football is a game played with an oblong-shaped, pigskin covered ball by the most elite athletes in the country. They are compensated by tuition, books, and housing with most of their nutrition needs thrown in. They risk permanent injury with no assurance of financial recovery for physical loss. They work more than 30 hours/week during the season and aren’t allowed to maintain a part time job. They can’t accept money from the many donors who want them to be happy here are UF. They aren’t necessarily “college-material” as you might define that, but they have tutors, and they really, really need your approval to continue their dream of making big bucks in the NFL. So go out to the East stands, buy shirts, buy tickets, and raise money for the NCAA, and let’s make a few millionaires out of this lot!

JF: For those of you who have not yet purchased your seats, tickets are still available, via Gatorzone.com/students, on a first come first serve basis.

JF: I hope you will all join us in The Swamp each week as the energy and passion you bring is what makes game day so special. Our football team feeds off of that and needs you there.
What he meant: The alumni are abandoning us like rats on a ship after last season.

JF: I know the coaching staff and the student-athletes will continue to work tirelessly and put it all on the line to represent you – the Gator Nation.

JF: Again, I thank you all for your support. I believe that we have a top university because of the dedication of our students, alumni, faculty and staff, and the pride that comes with being a Gator.

Such a lame, vetted, approved, non-controversial, boring letter. Ugh.They will not attract students with that b.s. I'm a big college football fan, but I see the writing on the wall, and I don't think we can keep up the current system -- it isn't working for students or athletes. The canary is dead.
JF... Blah blah blah!!! You translated perfectly!

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator said:

What the hell would you have liked him to say exactly?

"Hey you spoiled, narcissistic, lazy ass punks. How's about you put down the video game controller and try enjoying the college life your parents are paying a boatload of money for. It's not like the $150 dollars for season tickets is coming out of your pocket. Sheeesh! And we sure as hell know it's not like you're spending all day Saturday with your nose in your books. Puhhhlleeeeeeeze!

If you don't want to support the team that represents your university when they're down and only show up to bask in the limelight when they're winning the go f**k yourself. Otherwise, how 'bout gracing us with your presence on gameday and supporting your team. You might actually enjoy it. I must warn you though, you may experience some actual face to face conversations with the person next to you. Go Gators!"

Sincerely,

Jer

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator said:

How about, I'm bringing back the same shiiit for year 4, how much will it take to bribe you to at least buy the tix so I can claim the stadium is 99.9 percent full?

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n27529 said:
Is it the students or the product? 4-5 years ago we were a powerhouse.
It is the product... And, I know several alumni that did not renew their season tickets who have been contacted by the Manager of the ticket office trying to convince them to renew.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
HogtownGator said:

There is a low level administrative assistant at the UAA whose job it is to change the date on the letter, and send it out each fall. These are the kind of things that are done simply because they have always been done. JF never even sees it. A letter to millennials? Really? It's really sad that the UAA doesn't have a communication strategist working on engaging with students.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've heard from a friend in the Gator ticket office that they are looking into some new and more aggressive plans to get students off of the couch and into the stadium.

[video=youtube;EglOsfErtaE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EglOsfErtaE[/video]

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n33812 said:
I've heard from a friend in the Gator ticket office that they are looking into some new and more aggressive plans to get students off of the couch and into the stadium.

[video=youtube;EglOsfErtaE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EglOsfErtaE[/video]

I know it's fake, but it still made me smile. Kids spend way too much time playing video games and not enough learning social skills by interacting with real kids their own age. Times have changed and not for the better.

/fatgrumpyoldman

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
NavetG8r;n33883 said:
I know it's fake, but it still made me smile. Kids spend way too much time playing video games and not enough learning social skills by interacting with real kids their own age. Times have changed and not for the better.

/fatgrumpyoldman

You're right on the money there. I tell my son that my favorite part of going to the games is the smell of the grass, sounds of the band playing before and during the game, the sounds of pads and helmets and feeling the roar over take the stadium when a big play happens. He tells me that it's too loud and it's too hot......The wife got box seats for us this year so his ass is going regardless.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator said:

"A communication strategist working on engaging with the students?!?!?!?!?!?!"

Give me a freakin' break! These students are the most pampered and catered to bunch in the history of college. The facilities are state of the art in many areas, they have every manner of communication at their finger tips and all the conveniences they could ever need. Yet the university needs to kiss their asses to actually get them OFF their asses to go and have fun at a football game??? Good grief!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator