Jim Brown: Dead

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This thread is a perfect example as to why donating is wise for the membership. Without Crete's generous offerings over the years, I would have banned him for a week just for his cringe-worthy "takes" in this thread. I've cringed so hard I think I pulled something.

Alas, he's completely protected.....although I'm certainly done arguing with him.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I know that, you warthog-faced buffoon. I was just comparing their athleticism.
Another way to look at it is to see how irrelevant RB's have become over the last 25 years or so in the NFL....The position has been negated due to a balance of athleticism on defense....Jim probably would get injured too....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
This thread is a perfect example as to why donating is wise for the membership. Without Crete's generous offerings over the years, I would have banned him for a week just for his cringe-worthy "takes" in this thread. I've cringed so hard I think I pulled something.

Alas, he's completely protected.....although I'm certainly done arguing with him.
C'mon man it's the offseason...I'm just keeping the Oldtimers sharpe....

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
While you are entitled to your opinion, however misinformed and misguided, JB was selected as the #1 football player of every era by a panel of people that know a great deal more about the subject than you do. So pardon me if disagree. I watched him in games on television not just old videos and I have watched every other great running back and there have been many,but JB is the best.
Nobody knows a great deal more than Crete on any subject.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Billy Sims did have pretty wild hair. I'd put him on my All-Time Hair team.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
The best comparison to Brown is Barry Sanders, who also walked away from the game while healthy, and averaged 5 ypc.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Meh. Was never impressed. Ran too upright. No longevity. He’s basically Darren McFadden with a funny hat. Nothing more.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His car commercials with Mel Farr in Detroit were great as a kid... "Mel Farr the superstar for a far better deal"...

Hilarious. It's a change of pace to see a black dude playing the role of the slick-talking car salesman.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The best comparison to Brown is Barry Sanders, who also walked away from the game while healthy, and averaged 5 ypc.

Sanders was a year late from joining the GOAT 30 Club.

Jim Brown 1965
Sandy Koufax 1966
Michael Jordan 1993

All three were 30 when they walked away at the height of their amazing careers. MJ couldn't resist a second go-around.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Nobody knows a great deal more than Crete on any subject.
That's because Crete is always able to change his position on any given subject...like this one.
To be fair I have to admit there is one thing I didn't consider when posting my position in this thread......STEROIDS....Most post 1980 NFL defensive players were/are jacked up with HGH/Steroids and if Jim Brown were given that advantage he probably would have been very pretty successful too.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
That's because Crete is always able to change his position on any given subject...like this one.
To be fair I have to admit there is one thing I didn't consider when posting my position in this thread......STEROIDS....Most post 1980 NFL defensive players were/are jacked up with HGH/Steroids and if Jim Brown were given that advantage he probably would have been very pretty successful too.
tumblr_mx3mn7Chg31retk9go1_400.gif

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Two guys who played at the height of the "Performance Enhancement" era(not saying Jackson did or didn't) but his freak hip injury as well as Bozworth's(readily admitted to steroid use)shoulder make you wonder how many careers were cut short by them....meanwhile guys like Lawrence Taylor and Bill Romanowski seemed to last a long time mixing cocaine with their steroids...

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Two guys who played at the height of the "Performance Enhancement" era(not saying Jackson did or didn't) but his freak hip injury as well as Bozworth's(readily admitted to steroid use)shoulder make you wonder how many careers were cut short by them....meanwhile guys like Lawrence Taylor and Bill Romanowski seemed to last a long time mixing cocaine with their steroids...
Kansas City Royals Baseball GIF

And leave Romanowski out of this... those were for his wife!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That bat had to be cracked already. He ripped it apart like a twig.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
My dad's dental business partner played football at West Point. He got to play vs Jim Brown a few times and said 1) he tried to tackle Jim and 2) that was always a bad decision.

Jim's stats are truly unreal, and the work he did off the field was transformational.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
My dad's dental business partner played football at West Point. He got to play vs Jim Brown a few times and said 1) he tried to tackle Jim and 2) that was always a bad decision.

Jim's stats are truly unreal, and the work he did off the field was transformational.
Sounds like Eisenhower talking about playing Jim Thorpe...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.