ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n124517 said:
Now the most critical hire is for DC.

I'm OK keeping Durkin! Also keeping Lawling, Robinson (if he doesn't go to Auburn) and Summers if we can. Also wouldn't mind keeping Leak, but not sure he should be WR coach.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBenji;n124524 said:
I thought they were going to keep most of our defensive side of the ball or was that a false report

That was wishful thinking.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
gatormandan;n124508 said:
Come on guys, lets not make CSU the bad guys. They negotiated this buyout for this very reason and we can afford to pay it and they know it. I really dont blame them for sticking to their guns. I just hope this guy is worth the effort and the money. Foley should have been prepared for this situation.

Contracts are there to protect both sides. And both sides have benefited from it. But sports contracts are historically fluid. Muschamp was given a raise at the close of 2012, was thought to be a flight-risk in early 2013 when ut looked like it was opening, and was fired basically mid-way through 2014. It's part of the deal.

They would've been better served by not throwing out the "unwilling to budge" language the past few days. It makes them look unreasonable, possibly deceitful, and out of touch with reality. It also hampers their ability to attract up and coming talent, which is counterproductive, imo.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
GatorBenji;n124524 said:
I thought they were going to keep most of our defensive side of the ball or was that a false report

That's thr decision of the head coach.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CBS is reporting it's a done deal and will be announced today.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
KCgator;n124531 said:
That's thr decision of the head coach.

I think it's a reasonable request by Foley given the circumstances. The WM dismissal was particularly not well received by several players and prospects. As long as they're competent--which I think DJD and TR are--it makes a lot of sense to keep them.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
guys gatorsports frontpage has announced it, so it must be real now. hahahahah

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Shiny new gifts for Christmas! Here's hoping we got lots of batteries with them and we don't have to use the warranty!

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
If we paid entire buyout - Foley was super desperate and is a bad negotiator
If we paid half of buyout - fair to both sides
If we paid some or none of buyout - Foley played hardball and is smart negotiator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.