Jim McElwain's Introductory Press Conference

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Muschamp laid out his plan in his opening presser. He failed miserably in its execution. HCJM did not. You cannot have haters point out your failure to execute your plan if it is not laid it out. I thought that was very smart fan/media management. And I like smart coaches. It's a nice change.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
[video=youtube;0sPgfFSt9kU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sPgfFSt9kU[/video]

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ok is this really him? I've seen the still shot but never played the video. Please tell me that's not actually him.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n127217 said:
Ok is this really him? I've seen the still shot but never played the video. Please tell me that's not actually him.

I think people vetted this and actually figured out that it really is him. And like I said, every single time I posted a Crucial video on GSMB it was taken down within about 5 minutes tops.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n127223 said:
I think people vetted this and actually figured out that it really is him. And like I said, every single time I posted a Crucial video on GSMB it was taken down within about 5 minutes tops.

My God.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He will whip our football program into shape and bring the fun back into The Swamp. 9 wins next year. Go Gators!!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Big difference between this presser and the one four years ago in which Muschamp rattled off answers with machine-gun intensity. The things that stood out were he's a big picture guy, he lives in the moment and he doesn't allow pressure to overwhelm him. To the contrary, McElwain embraces it. "I want to be the guy applying the pressure," he said.

We've had five years of crappy quarterbacking. It feels esp good to have a head coach who knows how to tutor young quarterbacks.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
Loved what I heard. Definitely a change of pace. He is a Gator and I think he made that evident. I loved this quote "Recruit daily or die." I think he knows how important it is and I think the days of losing out on most of the big recruits on the offensive side of the ball are over. He has a unique swagger about him. Can't wait for him to hit the ground running and see who he hires as staff. Hopefully he surrounds himself with a great staff.

P.S. My God the Abolverdi videos are glorious.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
TN G8tr;n127342 said:
That's right Will Grier is waiting........

The QB position battle will be interesting to say the least. I wonder how the returning offensive line will play into that. I'm glad both Grier and Harris also have a good set of wheels. They will probably still have to use their legs quite a bit.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
Also with the flipping of George Brown and decom. from Sheriron Jones I think its evident that Summers and Roper won't be back.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
601Gator;n127350 said:
Also with the flipping of George Brown and decom. from Sheriron Jones I think its evident that Summers and Roper won't be back.

I think that is pretty much the case. If it is I would have preferred they wouldn't coach our players for the bowl game but under circumstances it had to be that way.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
*reads the last page and clicks links* Lemme tell you why I'm rockin' Polo's...

oh crap, was I singing that out loud? :afraid:

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n127223 said:

Wait... Crucial is actually Zach rapping and not just using a picture of his epic hair in his video?!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, guys, that is Zach. Come on, is there any doubt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb