Jimbo’s gonna Jimbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Blame aTm who has always been mediocre and couldn't win big in the SW Conference. Who else would hire a coach who took a jewel with top 5 rankings every year, some built up tradition, located smack dab in the middle of the most talent rich area of the country and turn it into a piece of rock salt. If their is an axiom that being rich doesn't make you smart they are the poster child.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Blame aTm who has always been mediocre and couldn't win big in the SW Conference. Who else would hire a coach who took a jewel with top 5 rankings every year, some built up tradition, located smack dab in the middle of the most talent rich area of the country and turned it into a piece of rock salt. If their is an axiom that being rich doesn't make you smart they are the poster child.

That's part of it as well. I've told stories before about A&M grads I met in Vegas on spring break years ago. Nearly every on of them was walking into a buck-fifty type of job right out of the gate. They have so much money it's not even fair. And yet, they've been probably the biggest "mehh" team of the past 40 years at least. Maybe it's the all male cheerleaders(boy did Candi miss the boat on that one), but they just seem destined to disappoint.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We can all agree that A&M was foolish to hire Dumbo, but you gotta give them credit for targeting who they thought was the right guy and going out and getting him.
We haven’t done that since 2004.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
That's part of it as well. I've told stories before about A&M grads I met in Vegas on spring break years ago. Nearly every on of them was walking into a buck-fifty type of job right out of the gate. They have so much money it's not even fair. And yet, they've been probably the biggest "mehh" team of the past 40 years at least. Maybe it's the all male cheerleaders(boy did Candi miss the boat on that one), but they just seem destined to disappoint.
They don't have cheerleaders; those guys are yell leaders. Some interesting traditions there.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
They don't have cheerleaders; those guys are yell leaders. Some interesting traditions there.

They can call them what they want, and I’m embarrassed for you that you would know this, but they’re just damn dude cheerleaders...

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Generational QB's can make any coach look like a genious. That's why every coach should sell his soul to get one.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Remember all the members on this board calling him an offensive genius good times...

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Remember all the members on this board calling him an offensive genius good times...

Just a couple of trolls as I recall. He was garbage at LSU too.

Yeah, complete nonsense. In 2003 he was OC at LSU. We went to Baton Rouge that year and held LSU to 7 points in our 19-7 victory. Funniest thing about it, though, is that LSU’s touchdown came on an 80 punt return. Jimbo and his offense couldn’t score so much as a single point AT HOME against us...and our 2003 team was nothing special.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
They can call them what they want, and I’m embarrassed for you that you would know this, but they’re just damn dude cheerleaders...
Comes from serving with a bunch of Aggies. BTW: do you know how an Aggie spends the best three years of his life? 3rd grade.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
[QUOTE="Gator87, post: 951736, "......a b.s.artist and fraud who is stealing money every week." .[/QUOTE]
Jimbo hit the gold mine when Winston came along. Once he left for the NFL, Jimbo couldn't maintain the facade. Regardless, teams like Texas, LSU and aTm continued to pursue him. Usually he would use this as leverage and get FSU to sweeten the pot in order to keep him in Tallahassee, but that tactic finally ran it's course. Jimbo was told to shut up and get back to work or clean out his office. Realizing the extortion game was finally at an end, he fled to College Station where the fan base obviously had more dollars than sense. Last season he seemed to catch his opponents off guard and posted a very respectable record, but now everybody is ready for him. Similar to Mark Richt
he is a decent, but not elite head coach. He will win 8, 9, maybe 10 game in a season, but when he faces teams like Alabama, Clemson, LSU and Georgia, he will be spanked like a red-headed step child. Now that his big AD buddy has left for LSU Jimbo will have stand on his own merits. It will be interesting to see how long it will take the deep-pocketed Aggie boosters to realize that they have been sold a bill of goods.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m glad he’s out of Tallacrappy. He was annihilating us on the trail.

As for A&M - if you sleep with clowns, you get what you get.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I’m glad he’s out of Tallacrappy. He was annihilating us on the trail.

As for A&M - if you sleep with clowns, you get what you get.

Yep, as much of a POS as he is he could/can recruit w/ the best of them. For all the pissing and crying FSU fans are doing, he left them with a pretty loaded roster (a bad OL, but the rest of the roster was in pretty good shape). He's put 4 QBs in the 1st round in his coaching career, so if he lands a 'generational' QB he could trick A&M into keeping him for the full contract. A good QB could give them the big upset win vs. Alabama and into the SEC championship game....next thing you know, Jimbo gets a raise and continues to lose 3 to 4 (or more) a year!

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I am glad he turned LSU down...Louisiana did not need him and I did not want him.

It goes to show you with ALL the money and facilities in Texas you still have to make good choices...And Jimbo ain't one of those.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I am glad he turned LSU down...Louisiana did not need him and I did not want him.

It goes to show you with ALL the money and facilities in Texas you still have to make good choices...And Jimbo ain't one of those.

?
lsu fan????

Seriously, what the f v c k???

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
?
lsu fan????

Seriously, what the f v c k???

:finger:
I am a Gator Fan through and through. I fly a Gator Flag and wear Gator Gear...Even in Death Valley.

I went to Grad School at LSU...They are my second team and I live here.

And who the #$%^ are you?

And I like Coach O...I can't understand him but I like him.

I also like Kerwin and pull for USF while he is there...Yeah I guess I'm drunk too.

And Yes I live in Corn Dog Country and like it.

PS...I set up research at UGA because UF wanted no part of it...Two Publications and counting.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
:finger:
I am a Gator Fan through and through. I fly a Gator Flag and wear Gator Gear...Even in Death Valley.

I went to Grad School at LSU...They are my second team and I live here.

And who the #$%^ are you?

And I like Coach O...I can't understand him but I like him.

I also like Kerwin and pull for USF while he is there...Yeah I guess I'm drunk too.

And Yes I live in Corn Dog Country and like it.

PS...I set up research at UGA because UF wanted no part of it...Two Publications and counting.

f v c k off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member