Jimmy Buffett Dead at 76

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
I think for a lot of fans, Jimmy Buffett was a welcomed escape from life's stresses and complications. His music was all about relaxing, laughing and having a good time.

A Darvon for my head. Wow, that's a throwback for sure.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
In a generation that gave us Taylor, McClean, Stevens, Chapin, and Croce… Buffet took a different path style wise, glad he did.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You never would have guessed that I love his music. But I do. Damn it. Damn it. I never realized he was that old. Exactly as old as me. If I thought about his music and his history I would guess 76, but he seemed 50.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You never would have guessed that I love his music. But I do. Damn it. Damn it. I never realized he was that old. Exactly as old as me. If I thought about his music and his history I would guess 76, but he seemed 50.

No cause of death yet. I guess we can't rule out old age.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Listening to him on the way to Chick Fil A

“I got a head full of feeling higher and an ear full of Patsy Cline.
There is no one who could touch her, hell I’ll hang on every line”

Loved his lyrics

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I love this old video for Come Monday, which is probably my favorite Buffett song. RIP my man and thanks for all the good times.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
So many good ones. Can’t pick just one. Fortunate enough to go to a couple of his concerts.

Migration
Delaney Talks to Statues
Wino that I Know
Livingston Saturday Night
Ballad of Spider John
Breathe in, breathe out, move on

I think it was during covid that his daughter, Delaney, interviewed him and he told back stories on the songs. Worth checking out some if you can find them. He was married to the same women since 1977. Pretty incredible life.

Last edited:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

Jimmy Buffett's cause of death: Margaritaville singer 'died following secret skin cancer battle' after being diagnosed four years ago and had Paul McCartney sing to him in his final days​

• Jimmy Buffett secretly battled skin cancer for years before his death

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020

Jimmy Buffett's cause of death: Margaritaville singer 'died following secret skin cancer battle' after being diagnosed four years ago and had Paul McCartney sing to him in his final days​

Not an ounce of irony in that revelation.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
You know '46, this spate of folks dying young is concerning.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You know '46, this spate of folks dying young is concerning.
Yep. Which means that I won't have my bad knee, replaced. The one I screwed up in Aspen when I was 50. Why bother?

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019

Changes in latitude for light-skinned folks of Northern European ancestry is not free of consequences.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
A friend of mine I have not seen in 25+ years was one of Buffet's best friends growing up in Mobile AL. Tim...my friend who I recently learned passed away back in June of this year....used to have Jimmy come over and stay with him anytime he was up in this area(Pensacola/Mobile/etc). Tim owned a trucking company and along with it, a nice 46' Bertam that he seemed to live aboard during billfish season. Tim used to take Jimmy fishing anytime he was up here as well and I was invited numerous times to go along....always tied up and never got to take advantage of those offers. I always thought back then "I'll have plenty of chances later and will go with them then". Someday never seems to come, but you live and learn. And regret. Should have gone every chance I had. I can only imagine how those overnight trips in the Gulf would have been. The stories I would be telling you folks now....if only I had gone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator