Job Interview for Durkin?

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
F@*#k. By far, this is the most predictable outcome because . . . Saban.

Wish we had moved quicker; or at all, though I guess I don’t know for certain we didn’t. It’s just that we usually don’t. Plus there won’t be room in the football offices for extra staff until at least 2022-2023.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
Granted, Saban will be getting some valuable experience with Durkin during his "consulting" time, but there is still all kind of negative vibes surrounding that guy from what happened at Maryland. Analyzing formation and plays is one thing, going into parents homes and telling them your going to be taking care of their sons is a whole different animal....especially after you basically turned your back and allowed someone's kid to die meaninglessly.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Saban is a stickler. This just may be his way of saying Durkin wasn't to blame for that death.??

If this knocks down Durkin's marketability, what if Les Miles hired him. Kansas would have married upward twice.?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There are valid reasons why Saban is on top of the mountain!

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Saban does things that others either won't or don't want to do. Many of them work, but only because it is Bama.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I mean by ncaa rules, not actual law. Don’t be such a lawyer!
Ok, why would it be against ncaa rules?

Just because Maryland dont want no honky coaches doesnt mean its "illegal".

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Ok, why would it be against ncaa rules?

Just because Maryland dont want no honky coaches doesnt mean its "illegal".

First of all, your sarcasm meter needs a major calibration. If it were illegal or unethical, it wouldn’t be broadcast to the world like it was no big deal. Kudos to saban for thinking outside the box. That said, let me now mix in more stuff to take LITERALLY and FIGURATIVELY with a little sarcasm thrown in (figure it out on your own)...

I think it’s criminal the way saban brings in coaches who are willing to work at a position well below the position where most would expect them to land. And now, he’s hired DJ as a consultant! He’s not even on bamuh’s STAFF and he’s doing saban’s dirty work. There should be limits to the size of a support staff to somewhat level the playing field (theoretically). It’s frustrating to see the rich get richer when it’s not UF! But let me repeat myself for the donkeys in the room - kudos to saban for finding the loophole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator