Recruiting Joe Burrow leaves OSU and becomes a corndog

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Correct me if I'm wrong but dont he have a 12 million dollar buyout? If that the case he will get all 6 years to win 9 games a year and the fanbase will roast Strickland for giving such a buyout on top of paying an average coach 6 million a year.
He won't win 9 games a year

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
After a decade of coaching bafoonery, I'm looking for DM to stabilize the convulsive event that is Florida Gators football. Then, a game plan that has a few signature bread and butter plays mixed in with plays that appear on Saturday well practiced. I know it's low expectations, but I really think Mac damaged the Gator lore mindset and culture of striving as a unit. We all know what a Team in the name of their cause and bought into their coaches looks like on the field and sideline. DM gives me that and a winning first season, I'm good going into next off season. Just saying :cool:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He won't win 9 games a year
Yes he will. No way would I bet against that. No way would I bet on a series of championships either.

Mullen has tweener written all over him. Tween eight and somewhere.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yes he will. No way would I bet against that. No way would I bet on a series of championships either.

Mullen has tweener written all over him. Tween eight and somewhere.

This times a million. He's an 8-4 guy. That's all he'll ever be. We hired someone worse than Mark Richt. Hard to believe. Watch out for some early success then regression to the mean. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just set the table for J-byrd to arrive proclaiming Mullen as the best transition coach since Zook.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just keep hoping you negative Nancy's are wrong........ but the track record speaks for itself.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I was pissed when Mullen was hired and was actually sick to my stomach when I heard it. I wanted Strick to be fired for it. I have since warmed to him some and am pulling hard for him to succeed. I don't see him as a champion coach but I don't see him repeating his MS record here at Florida. I hope once we start scoring some points, we can draw some good recruits and who knows, Mullen and crew might just surprise us. I really hope all the negativity leading up to the season gets squashed by success on the field. There is always the possibility he adapts and changes and wins. Im happy to be rid of Mac and will reserve my judgement until I see the product HERE and not judge him by his record at MS.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You can't make a silk purse out of sow's ear players no matter who the corch is.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
This times a million. He's an 8-4 guy. That's all he'll ever be. We hired someone worse than Mark Richt. Hard to believe. Watch out for some early success then regression to the mean. Wash, rinse, repeat.
I dont see early success at all. This team lacks talent because of Mac. I see 7-5 regular season with a few blowout losses. Then he will peak at 9 somewhere during his tenure before being let go in 6 years. No way we pay a 12 million dollar buyout so he will get all 6

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
What possible reason on earth would Urban Mayer give a shiit if Burrow went to play for his old friend and O.C. for 2 national championships Dan Mullets?.....I'll tell you....zero point shiit reasons.....just a stupid fcking rumor as usual!

I do agree that there is no reason Meyer should care. So I too discount the rumor.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
The road back from Totally ****ed City is a long and arduous trek. Foley's departure was the first "break" we so desperately needed. Hopefully DM's arrival is the second. Not drowning in stupid again would be number three.

I wasn’t aware Foley departed. When did that happen?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I do agree that there is no reason Meyer should care. So I too discount the rumor.
I discount it too. The version I heard was that Creyer told Mullinz that the kid is a cancer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In my ass. I said I HEARD it, not READ it. If that person wanted to go public, he/ she would have called Drooley or someone and done so.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Now that mcelwain is gone, Lsu officially has the dumbest HC in the country. I wouldn't count Lsu in the Swamp as an L.

LSU HC Ed Orgeron commenting on landing grad transfer Joe Burrows: “Ergg oht umm gdrfs mnuvd grrrrr ummm and the kat oplllkt egrrdc kiigf. Geauxxx Tigers.”

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let me see if I can put this thing into perspective. He chooses LSU, the program that brought you Jordan Jefferson, Brandon Harris and Anthony Jennings, over Florida in spite of Florida having an offense more like Ohio State's, having a Meyer disciple as its head coach and screaming out for help.

The optics here aren't good. We've reached the point where we can't even get the table scraps from one of our former coaches. We're probably burning up the phone lines with the community colleges begging for one more chance.

Meanwhile, our three Heisman bronzes collect dust.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jucos signed in Dec. Im not sure why people think we can add a juco in June.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I used the phrase proverbially. Sheez. You've tainted my brilliance with frivolous details.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, people say it, "lets find some jucos" after NSD or in the summer all the time. Enough say it that I'm sure many believe it.

I'm also not sure how the Optics are bad. Mullinz seemed pretty clear he wasn't chasing the kid.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, people say it, "lets find some jucos" after NSD or in the summer all the time. Enough say it that I'm sure many believe it.

I'm also not sure how the Optics are bad. Mullinz seemed pretty clear he wasn't chasing the kid.
Did he? Or did he play coy while attempting in vain to lure the kid? We'll probably never know for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator