Joe Haden - Letter to Gator Nation

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One of my all time favorite Gators. What a great message right before the bowl game.
:chomp:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
OldCrazyBeardeddragon-size_restricted.gif

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
Terrific shout out to Major Wright from Joe. One of the most memorable hits in Gator history. Ahmed’s int in that game was mind boggling. The look on Bradford face should be THE meme for WTF. Good times with great safeties and lock-down corners.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Haden is the epitome of Gator greatness, and I will always cherish the way he gave his all for the O&B.
:chomp:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Terrific shout out to Major Wright from Joe. One of the most memorable hits in Gator history. Ahmed’s int in that game was mind boggling. The look on Bradford face should be THE meme for WTF. Good times with great safeties and lock-down corners.

I chuckled when I read that b/c it was Haden who got nosy late in the game against Ole Piss and left his zone area thinking Snead was going to throw a short cross. Meanwhile the guy in Haden's area runs past him and there was almost no way Wright could get there. Well not only did Wright not make it, he took a very poor angle and a zillion yards later the game winning TD for Ole Piss. I remember so many people think it was Wright's fault. And as much as I never thought Wright had good coverage or route recognition skills, that particular play was Haden's bust. Thankfully in the grand scheme it did not have a bad ending.

Good read from a former player.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
“...he made a break on the ball and absolutely decleated the receiver. Like I’m talking a full-out, highlight-reel, type-of-hit-that-gets-you-flagged-today hit.”

Lol - yes it was.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Loved that Wright hit. Even by the rules of that day, that hit was illegal. Wright hit the OK WR while the ball was in the air since the ball hit Wright in the back just as he smashed the WR. Glad it wasn't called. Go all Gators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb