Joe Willie was Original Swag

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The one, the only. The guy who guaranteed an improbable SB win 50 years ago and made good on it. Always with style.

e75f2e028563be74ad903fdb9c5b05c9.jpg
006_namathgallery_ap_js_1915x1920.jpeg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Look at those sideburns - he looks like a girl! Now Johnny Unitas, there’s a haircut you can set your watch to.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why is 78 on here pimping a Trailerbammer?

Willie's IQ is in the 70s, btw.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Lol, pretty sure he still lives in tequesta, small town in palm beach county

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I googled “most random post” and this popped up. Weird.
78 now trips to California and brings home edibles. The hallucinations often produce threads about Trailerbammer QBs and other such nonsense.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
One of the most famous games in Gator history was Florida's 10 - 6 victory over Alabama at Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa 1963. Joe Namath Number 12 was the quarterback for Alabama. Alabama was ranked number 3 in the polls. Florida had just come off a lackluster 35 - 28 win against the Richmond Spiders. According to an article written by Gator historian Norm Carlson, Florida defensive coach Otis Mooney called the Gators the New York Mets of the SEC. This game was also significant because it was Bear Bryant's first loss in Tuscaloosa. Now granted back then Alabama played most of its big games at Legion Field in Birmingham. Denny Stadium was much smaller back then than Legion Field.

The play that broke Alabama's back was Dick Kirk's 42 yard run for a touchdown that gave Florida a 10 - 0 lead. If you go to the 7:15 mark on the video you can watch this dramatic run. The video is blurry but clearer than most of it at the part showing Kirk's run. From what I've read of the game the score could have been higher because the Gators were stalled on two drives inside the ten yard line. Namath scored on a one yard run with just over two minutes left in the game to avoid the shut out. It was a huge upset. Bonfires were set off on University Avenue.

Take that Beaver Falls Joe.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Lol, pretty sure he still lives in tequesta, small town in palm beach county

He does. I lived in Tequesta and used to see him around town occasionally. He also did local charity events if I recall. Really good guy. And typical hammered when I saw him.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
The play that broke Alabama's back was Dick Kirk's 42 yard run for a touchdown that gave Florida a 10 - 0 lead. If you go to the 7:15 mark on the video you can watch this dramatic run. The video is blurry but clearer than most of it at the part showing Kirk's run.

I watched the run. I didn’t realize Kyle Jackson’s grandfather played for Bama.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
One of the most famous games in Gator history was Florida's 10 - 6 victory over Alabama at Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa 1963. Joe Namath Number 12 was the quarterback for Alabama. Alabama was ranked number 3 in the polls. Florida had just come off a lackluster 35 - 28 win against the Richmond Spiders. According to an article written by Gator historian Norm Carlson, Florida defensive coach Otis Mooney called the Gators the New York Mets of the SEC. This game was also significant because it was Bear Bryant's first loss in Tuscaloosa. Now granted back then Alabama played most of its big games at Legion Field in Birmingham. Denny Stadium was much smaller back then than Legion Field.

The play that broke Alabama's back was Dick Kirk's 42 yard run for a touchdown that gave Florida a 10 - 0 lead. If you go to the 7:15 mark on the video you can watch this dramatic run. The video is blurry but clearer than most of it at the part showing Kirk's run. From what I've read of the game the score could have been higher because the Gators were stalled on two drives inside the ten yard line. Namath scored on a one yard run with just over two minutes left in the game to avoid the shut out. It was a huge upset. Bonfires were set off on University Avenue.

Take that Beaver Falls Joe.

That footage looks like vintage 1927. I was half expecting Charlie Chaplin to carry the ball, assuming I could even make him out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.