John Chaney, Creature from the Black Lagoon, dies at 89

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One of the most irritating coaches in NCAA basketball history. May he rest in, well, hell, really.

He once sent a 6'8 250 lbs. player out on the floor with explicit instructions to hurt St. Joes players because he was pissed off about some illegal screens. The guy ended up knocking a kid out of the game and the rest of his season. He once broke into a news conference and threatened to kill John Calapari in shrieks and rants, which, if I'm being honest has crossed my mind too.

Hall of Fame Temple coach Chaney dies at 89

5b730c9c588e8.image.jpg

creature-from-the-black-lagoon-remake.jpg

595112849.0.jpg

Last edited:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure he had the bat flu or at least it will be recorded that way.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
SI had a good article about his life. He was still pissed he never got a shot at a D1 school to play because..........well you know why. Bobby K was an ******* just cause.........John was an azzzhole cause he knew his hue had him start yards back behind the Bobbys and Adolphs and Johnny Wizard of Westwood..........he once said being crazy was sometimes better than being smart (im paraphrasing)

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Consistently played great defense.

Alex.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
I think the last time I watched a TU basketball game he was the head coach. He was a native Floridian.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Chaney lost me when he claimed that making kids score a 900 on an SAT was somehow racist. Many sixth graders can score 900.

So he basically claimed that black kids were unable to perform in the classroom and that makes it unfair.

Although we let a lot of people say a lot of stupid things, at least he was called out for his stupidity.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I bet Caligari still had him on Faces I Want To Punch List.

I would have kicked his ass. Caligari is a pusvy.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I don't like Cheatapari whatsoever, but would have loved to have seen him coldcock the bastard.

Cheney and Thompson, two bonafide racist POS.
I can easily understand an outsiders opinion on John Thompson. As a DC native whose parents were GU alums, and who totally knows his background, I give him a pass on a lot. He dealt with some pretty awful crap for a long time. No, he wasn’t perfect, but he was actually a pretty decent guy.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tommy Lasorda (RIP), although he had his moments, was a gracious gentleman in his interviews with the press.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Can't let pass a mention of "The Creature from the Black Lagoon" without relating that the monster comes out of the St. Johns river, stomps to the Brown Derby Restaurant, swipes the damsel, and returns to the river near the foot of the Acosta Bridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator