Gator Basketball John Egbunu’s career over?

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just saw this tweet, with a facebook comment from his church:

Gateway City Church said:
Family and Friends... petitioning all faith-filled believers to cover one of our young men, John Egbunu in prayer. He was recently approached with an NBA opportunity, but upon a routine physical was informed a large portion of cartilage was missing from one of his knees and that the surgery required would be career ending. Asking each and everyone of you to believe asking the Father to heal and restore cartilage to his knee in Jesus name. Also, lift him up personally for strength in a time of disappointment.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow.

This world just isn't fair when something like this happens & the Grayson Allen's of the world are out there enjoying what they disrespect.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's bad news. I feel bad for the young guy.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My mind went immediately to Ed Chester. Such a promising young career. Poof, gone.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Big John has been thrown way too many curve balls. Feel bad for the guy. I wouldn't mind seeing him help coach the big guys at UF.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is awful news. He'll definitely be in my prayers

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just saw this tweet, with a facebook comment from his church:

"Asking each and everyone of you to believe asking the Father to heal and restore cartilage to his knee in Jesus name."

That would be interesting.

leogator

May 5, 2018
There are procedures available nowadays that replace your cartilage with cartilage grown in the lab using your own stem cells. They're expensive and there is no guarantee that your knee will ever be the same as before but it beats whole knee replacement by a mile.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
sad for the big fella. I liked his toughness and tenacity around the rim. He gave us some great minutes and looked on the way to becoming
a pretty good big. Was gonna make some $$ somewhere. But he is a smart guy and will probably finish his education and do well.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is why you pick a school for academics. If Eggman took care of his business off the court he should be fine. Sad he’s missing out on the opportunity.

Despite the praise given to Indelicato, he doesn’t have a great reputation amongst other G’ville doctors.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is why you pick a school for academics. If Eggman took care of his business off the court he should be fine. Sad he’s missing out on the opportunity.

Despite the praise given to Indelicato, he doesn’t have a great reputation amongst other G’ville doctors.
Dr. Pete is no longer the head team physician for UF.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I though he went to the expert in Alabama, I wonder how we missed this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.