Founding Member
No Kyle Pitts.....what a joke

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not surprised. Gators often get overlooked. It's no secret. The NCAA doesn't like us.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Pitts didn’t have the hype coming into the season. It’s stupid but unfortunately plays a role in these things.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Considering this,

Pitts ranks top five in the nation in receptions (46), yards (566), and touchdowns (5) among tight ends. I’m not sure how leaving him out of a top-eight list is justified. ~Zach Goodall, SI

Leaving him off is pure crap.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Pitts has inconsistent hands at times, but he is a true impact player. It's ridiculous to leave him off as a candidate. He's been a game changer for us, and has been the key factor for many of our wins.

F*ck those guys.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I must have missed that.

I seem to remember him having a few drops early in some games, but he always seems to make up for them. I don't mean it as a slam against him. I love the kid. He plays fearlessly and will grind for every yard he can get.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you really want to feel annoyed, go look at Brevin Jordan’s stats. How he made it ahead of Pitts is a complete mystery.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe you have to be able to block to make the list? Pitts is no doubt one of, if not the best, pass catching TEs in the country. Terrible blocker.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
If you really want to feel annoyed, go look at Brevin Jordan’s stats. How he made it ahead of Pitts is a complete mystery.
Was he one the preseason watch list? That might provide your answer.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Isn’t part of being a TE having to block? Isn’t Pitts terrible at blocking?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Isn’t part of being a TE having to block? Isn’t Pitts terrible at blocking?

It’s no longer a prereq with teams lining up the TE in the slot and even out wider in an effort to create mismatches. Many of the top athletes at the position are marginal blockers.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It’s no longer a prereq with teams lining up the TE in the slot and even out wider in an effort to create mismatches. Many of the top athletes at the position are marginal blockers.
It was more of a question as to how he compares to the listed finalists at blocking. Perhaps that’s something they are weighing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.