Warning: Political Takes Jon Gruden FIRED for decade-old emails

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not only will they kill his coaching career, he’ll also never be able to return to the booth. In other words, his working life is now over because he said the word “queer” in an email.

He's done. I've read the e-mails. 10 years old or not, in this environment, he's finished.

I guess I'm a pussy. Oh hell I just said that word...it was a typo. I've always, even years ago, been very careful what I put into writing.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Maybe just to get it out in the open, we should do like they did in South Africa and have a Truth and Reconciliation Commission right here on GatorChatter.

One at a time, everybody can come forward and confess the racist and sexist jokes, cracks, remarks, etc., that they've made. Then everyone else can rate them, and we can give prizes for the best ones. I think we'll all feel better afterward. Especially the winners.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Here’s what I know:

-He called Goodell and Biden ‘pussies’
-He called Michael Sam a ‘queer’
-He said De Smith had big lips
-He hated the idea of female referees

So he hates gays, women, and blacks. String him up!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not only will they kill his coaching career, he’ll also never be able to return to the booth. In other words, his working life is now over because he said the word “queer” in an email.

Or maybe worse. I think far too often in these cases there such a rush to judgement, so I won’t follow suit. I know no more than anyone else. But history shows most of these situations are ridiculous.

This is also why all those long winded apologies and pledges to learn about things or take a class we’re s dangerous precedent. Like always, that’s no longer enough. Now, he has to be fired and gave his career terminated. That’s why I say sooner or later someone is going to have to not go quietly into the night to stop this. The people at halftime are crushing this guy like he’s Aaron Hernandez. Are we really to believe neither of those guys have ever said or written something they shouldn’t have and regret? Do we really think these players with kids scattered all over the US with different women aren’t misogynists? Again, total joke.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Here’s what I know:

String him up!

-No issue.
-Isn’t that the Q?
-Really dumb, insulting and probably death blow.
-Opinion.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Or maybe worse. I think far too often in these cases there such a rush to judgement, so I won’t follow suit. I know no more than anyone else. But history shows most of these situations are ridiculous.

This is also why all those long winded apologies and pledges to learn about things or take a class we’re s dangerous precedent. Like always, that’s no longer enough. Now, he has to be fired and gave his career terminated. That’s why I say sooner or later someone is going to have to not go quietly into the night to stop this. The people at halftime are crushing this guy like he’s Aaron Hernandez. Are we really to believe neither of those guys have ever said or written something they shouldn’t have and regret? Do we really think these players with kids scattered all over the US with different women aren’t misogynists? Again, total joke.
Your point about Antonio Brown still in the league scoring TD’s says it all. The guy has abused women for years.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here’s what I know:

What part of any of that is untrue?

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Here’s what I know:

There's nothing hateful in any of those comments. It's four statements of purely objective fact. I don't understand how you get fired for that. What happened to, "truth is an absolute defense"?

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
This photo alone substantiates two of the statements.

DeMaurice-Smith-NFL-Concussions.jpg

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
-No issue.
-Isn’t that the Q?
-Really dumb, insulting and probably death blow.
-Opinion.
"Opinion"? Please note, he didn't say he hated female referees. That would be opinion. He said he hated the idea of female referees, which is simply a way of saying it's a bad idea. Certainly no one disputes that.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
Here’s what I know:

I mean I'm a left leaning guy but this sh*t is getting ridiculous. People gotta toughen the F up. I get it if it's hate speach or stuff he said out in the open in public. But this is email that he thought nobody would see. None of it was even that offensive I thought.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This was emails over a 7 year period, if it was one or two he skates.. but 7 years of putting this down on email on NFL servers... Should be fired for stupidity. The worse as sofla stated was statements about the head of the NFLPA. Can't be that dumb regardless of it's true.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
At some point someone's gonna have to fight for conservative Americans rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.