Warning: Political Takes Jon Gruden FIRED for decade-old emails

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The NFL didn't have to release these emails and ruin Gruden. These were discovered while investigating the Redskins. Gruden has been a great ambassador for the league, both as a SB winning coach and an extremely popular analyst. So why did they feel the need to destroy his life when they didn't have to?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The NFL didn't have to release these emails and ruin Gruden. These were discovered while investigating the Redskins. Gruden has been a great ambassador for the league, both as a SB winning coach and an extremely popular analyst. So why did they feel the need to destroy his life when they didn't have to?

Because if they point to Gruden and Bruce Allen, they aren't pointing to Synder the owner....

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

You already know the answer to that question.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You already know the answer to that question.
I have absolutely no idea why the NFL is intent on destroying itself and alienating 80% of its audience. It is lunacy. The people making these decisions have a mental disorder.

The NBA destroyed more than half of its American audience, so they had to branch out to communist China and other anti-American international ****holes to keep their revenue. This is probably why the NFL is trying to weasel into other countries, who have shown little interest.

Football isn't basketball - it won't work internationally. If they kill the goose here, it's done.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I have absolutely no idea why the NFL is intent on destroying itself and alienating 80% of its audience. It is lunacy.

The NBA destroyed more than half of it's American audience, so they had to reach out to communist China and other international ****holes to keep their revenue. This is probably why the NFL is trying to weasel into other countries.

Football isn't basketball - it won't work internationally. If they kill the goose here, it's done.

So a set of policies designed to benefit a select few that make little sense on the surface and ultimately end in complete failure? You don't say.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I read somewhere that the NYT basically said they would continue to release more each day until Gruden was canned. Initially, it was just the first one and nothing happened, so they went ahead with their threat. No idea why they wanted him gone.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I read somewhere that the NYT basically said they would continue to release more each day until Gruden was canned. Initially, it was just the first one and nothing happened, so they went ahead with their threat. No idea why they wanted him gone.
How the hell did the NYT get copies of the emails? They are NFL property. That's what I'm getting at.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Because if they point to Gruden and Bruce Allen, they aren't pointing to Synder the owner....

Who hired the firm doing the investigation? - Washington Football Team.
Who just fired Gruden's brother and one of his best friends, Bruce Allen? - Washington Football Team

WFT had 15 women bring harassment charges and they have largely turned over management other than Snyder (for lack of winning, not because of the harassment).
Who owns the WFT and famously interjects himself in its management (perhaps only less then Jerry Jones across the NFL)? - Snyder

Draw your own conclusions. Doesn't take a PR genius.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who hired the firm doing the investigation? - Washington Football Team.
Who just fired Gruden's brother and one of his best friends, Bruce Allen? - Washington Football Team

WFT had 15 women bring harassment charges and they have largely turned over management other than Snyder (for lack of winning, not because of the harassment).
Who owns the WFT and famously interjects himself in its management (perhaps only less then Jerry Jones across the NFL)? - Snyder

Draw your own conclusions. Doesn't take a PR genius.

That's exactly my point, the NFL and by extention Synder doesn't want it out. The NFL won't release it because the owners run the league. And Synder is one of their own.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I realize this topic is political but it is still in the sports forum so let's try and keep it from getting full blown by linking to political sites and such. There's a separate thread in the PF if you want to fully go there.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Definitely the worst human being on that team. Not like this guy, who was inducted into their ROH after all this(below) and is still there.

You Won't Believe How Many Kids Warren Sapp Has Fathered - Sportscasting | Pure Sports

“Warren Sapp has also fathered four children with four different women. In total, he has six children with five women. Ultimately, that played a significant role in Sapp’s legal and financial troubles.

Besides his wild spending habits, Sapp also had to make significant child-support payments for his six kids. He reportedly still owed his ex-wife $876,000 in alimony and child-support payments at the time he filed for bankruptcy.

In addition, his paperwork revealed he owed Akilah Akins $4,000 per month. Angela Sanders and Sarah Matt Lamothe-Kindred were each supposed to receive $2,500 per month. Sapp also owed the New Jersey Family Support Center $6,495 per month as a result of fathering a child with a former college basketball player.

However, the day after Super Bowl 49, he got arrested on suspicion of soliciting a prostitute and assault.”
but trum gruden said puss michelin lips...

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
I learned today the term "aliens" is offensive to et's... Who knew?? I may be ruined for life....

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Just because the French revolution didn't accomplish its goals doesn't mean their approach was wrong. Maybe the goals just need to change....killing large numbers of liberal politicians seems like a fine, laudable, and achievable goal.

So said Hitler. And Stalin. And Mao. That language may help blow some of the steam our idiotic government is causing but it’s monstrous.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
So said Hitler. And Stalin. And Mao. That language may help blow some of the steam our idiotic government is causing but it’s monstrous.

I'm ok with that. History is written by the victors. Nobody ever won anything by dying for his country. He won by making his opponent die for theirs. I am just fine with as many liberal deaths as necessary to win. Period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator