Jon Rahm shoots 64 to take 6 shot lead, then tests positive for Covid

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Link? I know he didn’t get randomly tested, his test was due to contact tracing. But from what I’ve read the vaccinated players don’t deal with that. Why should they? If they are vaccinated and come into contact with someone, they should be good.
Link? Everything I’ve read says contact tracing indicates who gets tested, vaxed or not. Why wouldn’t they test the vaxed, they can still get the vid. It’s already happening.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Link? Everything I’ve read says contact tracing indicates who gets tested, vaxed or not. Why wouldn’t they test the vaxed, they can still get the vid. It’s already happening.
The reason I asked for a link is simple. I think you're wrong. What I've read is that vaccinated players don't participate in the same testing protocol, which includes the contact tracing.
Memorial leader Rahm forced out by positive test

Levinson would not disclose whether Rahm had received the COVID-19 vaccine. But under tour protocols that align with CDC guidelines, players who are fully vaccinated are no longer subject to weekly testing. Levinson also said that vaccinated players would not be subject to the contact tracing that Rahm was part of this week.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
In my world of Euphoria if I were a Tour player with a strong possibility of earning a big check, and the possibility that I'd get screwed if I tested positive, I'd get vaccinated. How hard is that to understand?

Tour policy:

“If someone had been fully vaccinated, and fully vaccinated under our protocol is, and it’s defined by the CDC, is 14 days past the full cycle of a vaccination. They do not have to test as a result of being a close contact.”

Later in the interview on Saturday night, Levinson was asked if a player had gone through the vaccination cycle, would they have to go through contact-tracing testing. No, he said, then added: “Unless — I’m sorry, unless they develop symptoms. I should reiterate that.”

Pretty damned simple. Do I think the policy is appropriate? No. But hells bells I'm not taking the chance of blowing a million dollar check. Which is exactly my point. It's another case of either taking the shot or one more case of being jerked around.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
How do you figure that? Do you think the state of Ohio had something to do with this? The PGA protocols, like them are not, are universally applied, not made up from week to week at the whim of some bureaucrat or local official.
For the same reason you don’t have to have a vaccine report card to get on a cruise ship in Florida.

Yes, a tournament played in Ohio and a tournament played in Florida have to comply with state law of each state.
That’s just in general.

Not at all trying to say there are laws to stop this type of discrimination in Florida. But, there are similar EO’s with related precedent.

Although, I’m not sure DeSantis could have or would have made a difference, I sure as hell would love to see that showdown!

Given the attitude by our Governor on such matters, I absolutely think it would have made a difference, had the tournament been in Florida.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For the same reason you don’t have to have a vaccine report card to get on a cruise ship in Florida.

Yes, a tournament played in Ohio and a tournament played in Florida have to comply with state law of each state.
That’s just in general.

Not at all trying to say there are laws to stop this type of discrimination in Florida. But, there are similar EO’s with related precedent.

Although, I’m not sure DeSantis could have or would have made a difference, I sure as hell would love to see that showdown!

Given the attitude by our Governor on such matters, I absolutely think it would have made a difference, had the tournament been in Florida.
Wrong. As usual.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
In my world of Euphoria if I were a Tour player with a strong possibility of earning a big check, and the possibility that I'd get screwed if I tested positive, I'd get vaccinated. How hard is that to understand?

Tour policy:

“If someone had been fully vaccinated, and fully vaccinated under our protocol is, and it’s defined by the CDC, is 14 days past the full cycle of a vaccination. They do not have to test as a result of being a close contact.”

Later in the interview on Saturday night, Levinson was asked if a player had gone through the vaccination cycle, would they have to go through contact-tracing testing. No, he said, then added: “Unless — I’m sorry, unless they develop symptoms. I should reiterate that.”

Pretty damned simple. Do I think the policy is appropriate? No. But hells bells I'm not taking the chance of blowing a million dollar check. Which is exactly my point. It's another case of either taking the shot or one more case of being jerked around.
The policy is blatant discrimination against those that choose not to be vaccinated.

There is no scientific evidence whatsoever that supports spread of non vaccinated to vaccinated individuals.

Rahm should sue the **** out of the PGA.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The covid protocols were in full effect during the Florida swing. Nothing changed.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
The covid protocols were in full effect during the Florida swing. Nothing changed.
True, The Florida swing wrapped up in Late March.
DeSantis has gotten a little bolder since.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The reason I asked for a link is simple. I think you're wrong. What I've read is that vaccinated players don't participate in the same testing protocol, which includes the contact tracing.
Memorial leader Rahm forced out by positive test

Levinson would not disclose whether Rahm had received the COVID-19 vaccine. But under tour protocols that align with CDC guidelines, players who are fully vaccinated are no longer subject to weekly testing. Levinson also said that vaccinated players would not be subject to the contact tracing that Rahm was part of this week.
:blahblah2:

fine, I’m wrong. I misunderstood.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
God all mighty this is not Rocket Science. Here's the link. Get over it. In his case get the Vax get the CDC, the government, and the tour off your back.

Opinion: Not a stretch to say Jon Rahm's vaccine decision cost him $1.6 million
Yeah, An opinion piece that takes the side of the vaccine pumper covidphobia crowd.
Complete with Jack Nicklaus quotes!
Impressive!
Go figure

Just like most if not all of corporate America that’s falling in line with the sky is falling crowd, because there is hesitancy amongst the public for taking a vaccine.

I do agree, the policy was in place before the tournament, even though it’s bad policy.

Just wondering if they would pull that little stunt in Florida, given what’s transpired lately.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A warm up event this weekend, followed by the US Open at Torrey Pines next weekend. It will be interesting to contrast the crowds at the US Open to what we've been seeing the past couple months. Limited attendance, proof of vaccination required to attend, and face masks mandatory. So fuchsing stupid.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
A warm up event this weekend, followed by the US Open at Torrey Pines next weekend. It will be interesting to contrast the crowds at the US Open to what we've been seeing the past couple months. Limited attendance, proof of vaccination required to attend, and face masks mandatory. So fuchsing stupid.

giphy.gif

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, An opinion piece that takes the side of the vaccine pumper covidphobia crowd.
Complete with Jack Nicklaus quotes!
Impressive!
Go figure

Just like most if not all of corporate America that’s falling in line with the sky is falling crowd, because there is hesitancy amongst the public for taking a vaccine.

I do agree, the policy was in place before the tournament, even though it’s bad policy.

Just wondering if they would pull that little stunt in Florida, given what’s transpired lately.

I already quoted you the official PGA position.

My position. Get the shot and get the government and all businesses who listen to them and all the stupid associated decisions out of our lives. Most on here say this was a stupid decision. Just one of many examples of stupid decisions.

Q.E.D.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

My position. Get the shot and get the government and all businesses who listen to them and all the stupid associated decisions out of our lives. Most on here say this was a stupid decision. Just one of many examples of stupid decisions.

Q.E.D.
The vast majority of people not getting the shot is because they’re concerned about possible long side effects. How hard is that to understand? I guess when you’re 75 and up you may not give a Fuchs about possible long term issues?

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018

Q.E.D.
My position is whether or not I get the shot it’s none of anyone’s damned business.

It also should not have any bearing on a tournament, a live sporting event, a cruise or a damn line on the grocery store.

If you want the shot, TAKE IT.
Then, in your eyes, you are now protected.
So……..STFU

You cannot force other individuals to think and act like you do, especially with something as controversial and no documented long term effects as this, “vaccine”.

The more commercials I see, the radio spots I hear, the more advertisements I see, exhorting the virtues of this damned shot, the more I’m adamantly opposed.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The vast majority of people not getting the shot is because they’re concerned about possible long side effects. How hard is that to understand? I guess when you’re 75 and up you may not give a Fuchs about possible long term issues?
Not hard at all to understand. And I don't disagree with them. BUT if I'm likely to be cashing big checks, and he's very likely to be cashing big checks, then I'm measuring risk of being screwed over vs reward and I'm getting the shot. Is it stupid, at this point, to put in that position? Yes. I take chances every day when I go to work. I like to make money. I have a right to stay home.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not hard at all to understand. And I don't disagree with them. BUT if I'm likely to be cashing big checks, and he's very likely to be cashing big checks, then I'm measuring risk of being screwed over vs reward and I'm getting the shot. Is it stupid, at this point, to put in that position? Yes. I take chances every day when I go to work. I like to make money. I have a right to stay home.

I get what you're saying. But realize if his concern is taking something that's still a relative unknown and would otherwise be in a "trial with rats stage", but decides to get it anyway just to protect his earnings, he'd be doing exactly what many people were accused of last year--putting money in front of health and lives. It's obviously a calculated risk that I'm sure he was aware of. But he still has the right to be upset.

The whole thing is silly. Football or basketball, I could see. But golf?

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I get what you're saying. But realize if his concern is taking something that's still a relative unknown and would otherwise be in a "trial with rats stage", but decides to get it anyway just to protect his earnings, he'd be doing exactly what many people were accused of last year--putting money in front of health and lives. It's obviously a calculated risk that I'm sure he was aware of. But he still has the right to be upset.

The whole thing is silly. Football or basketball, I could see. But golf?

Why football or basketball but not golf? If a pro misses games for football or basketball he still makes money. You miss or get kicked out of a golf tournament you're screwed, as was Rahm. So sorry John, no check for you, and by the way you get to miss...what...the next two events. No check for those either. Seems there's more reason to get stuck if you're a golf pro than in most other sports.

You may or may not think golf amounts to much. But most of those guys make good money.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Why football or basketball but not golf? If a pro misses games for football or basketball he still makes money. You miss or get kicked out of a golf tournament you're screwed, as was Rahm. So sorry John, no check for you, and by the way you get to miss...what...the next two events. No check for those either. Seems there's more reason to get stuck if you're a golf pro than in most other sports.

You may or may not think golf amounts to much. But most of those guys make good money.
I believe you totally whiffed on the actual point of the sport comparisons.

In football and basketball you have full on face to face, bodily fluid contact for the duration of the game.
Basketball is played, INSIDE.

Why the hell would you have the same restrictions and testing in Golf that you have in Football and basketball ?

What’s the point?
Golf is played outside and social distanced by the shot.
It’s ridiculous.Unless, the goal is Power.

No one is arguing The PGA forces their players under forfeit of prize money , to take the shot or be forced under forfeit of eligibility, to test every single day.
That’s their policy.

Hoooooraaayyy for the PGA!!

Now,
As players arrive for next weeks tournament.
Where are your papers!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.