Jordan Scarlett

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
we talk about Macs recruiting or lack of, but give credit where credit is due with this flip. The kid is 275 shy of 1,000 on only 140 carries with 1 less game played. Kelvin had like 250 carries to barely break past 1k. He and Perine next year are going to be beasts in the backfield and will take the load off Franks or Trask

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
we talk about Macs recruiting or lack of, but give credit where credit is due with this flip. The kid is 275 shy of 1,000 on only 140 carries with 1 less game played. Kelvin had like 250 carries to barely break past 1k. He and Perine next year are going to be beasts in the backfield and will take the load off Franks or Trask

Best RB we've had in YEARS. Maybe since Fason?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
He's getting a little better game by game which is all I want to see from our payers at this point.........Let me say this though, Kelvin would be tearing sh!t up running behind our average yet improving line if he had stayed. What he did last year didn't account for the fact that he was constantly getting hit or having to break tackles 3 and 4 yards deep in the backfield. Last years line was a steaming pile of dung.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
He's getting a little better game by game which is all I want to see from our payers at this point.........Let me say this though, Kelvin would be tearing sh!t up running behind our average yet improving line if he had stayed. What he did last year didn't account for the fact that he was constantly getting hit or having to break tackles 3 and 4 yards deep in the backfield. Last years line was a steaming pile of dung.
The oline has been playing decent for 2 games man...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The oline has been playing decent for 2 games man...
Our line has not played as bad this year in any single game as last years line played in their best game. Go back and watch some tape from last year. The best player was a guy who couldn't bench press as much as me and I'm a 52 yo couch potato.....

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Really proud of the fact that Jordan just keeps grinding. He has worked hard for his carries and proved he is the best RB we have and will be one of the best in the conference next season. Kid just gets after it and refuses to go down on first contact. I love it! Perine is going to be just as good in time. Really like that combo!!!

Go Gators!!!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
While this line is still below average, it isn't the $hit storm it was at this point of last season. Just think what it will look like with another year and healthy.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
This line at this point is still a spring/summer of development from being dominant part of our team.

Next year Scarlett and Perine should be the 1-2 punch we have been waiting for in years....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm giddy at the idea of what a real QB could do to this offense, including even raising the level of play of the OL. Please God let's hope one of those freshman work out. It's been too long.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just imagine if he had been given more carries like everyone (sports writers, fans and broadcasters) had been screaming for.

Sep 29, 2015
Scarlett's exceptional play, especially in the 4th quarter, raises some interesting, if not original, theories. The first (which I tend to believe) is that the coaching staff badly handicapped the offense by going with the 4 headed monster the first half of the season when they should have allowed Scarlett to be the bell cow, spelled by Perine. Conventional wisdom says that RBs need consistent carries in order to develop a rhythm and feel for the game. Saturday was a good example of that. It was 3 yards and a cloud of dust for the better part of 3 quarters, but Scarlett kept churning and got stronger as the game wore on. Had that been established early in the season, we may have developed a much tougher identity and it may have been easier to have the run set up the pass.

The second theory is that Scarlett's (and Perine's) Lynchian 4th quarter runs were made possible precisely because the early committee approach has them fresh and getting stronger at the end of the season. If that's the case, I look forward to seeing Scarlett own and destroy the criminoles next week. I give a lot less credence to this one (I still expect Scarlett to dominate next week though). These kids are young and should be able to carry the load the entire season between 2 of them and still close strong.

Regardless, going into next year with Scarlett and Perine running behind a steadily improving line has me optimistic for next year. I expect ups and downs with Franks/Trask, but the two backs should take a lot of pressure off of whoever is under center.

Last edited:

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I might add that he was 4 star RB too. maybe those rating have some merit?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Scarlett is running like a man this year... with him and Perine (to spell him from time to time) together we have a very very good running attack. Cronkite can come in on passing down for protection... I'm fine with that, Thompson can play on the scout team

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Scarlett's exceptional play, especially in the 4th quarter, raises some interesting, if not original, theories. The first (which I tend to believe) is that the coaching staff badly handicapped the offense by going with the 4 headed monster the first half of the season when they should have allowed Scarlett to be the bell cow, spelled by Perine. Conventional wisdom says that RBs need consistent carries in order to develop a rhythm and feel for the game. Saturday was a good example of that. It was 3 yards and a cloud of dust for the better part of 3 quarters, but Scarlett kept churning and got stronger as the game wore on. Had that been established early in the season, we may have developed a much tougher identity and it may have been easier to have the run set up the pass.

The second theory is that Scarlett's (and Perine's) Lynchian 4th quarter runs were made possible precisely because the early committee approach has them fresh and getting stronger at the end of the season. If that's the case, I look forward to seeing Scarlett own and destroy the criminoles next week. I give a lot less credence to this one (I still expect Scarlett to dominate next week though). These kids are young and should be able to carry the load the entire seasons between 2 of them and still close strong.

Regardless, going into next year with Scarlett and Perine running behind an steadily improving line has me optimistic for next year. I expect ups and downs with Franks/Trask, but the two backs should take a lot of pressure off of whoever is under center.

The rotation earlier, in the easier part of our schedule might have allowed for them to be healthier and more dominate at the later/harder part of our schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb