Joseph’s Ejection

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not a fan of that stuff. We’re not f$u. I want hard hitting before the whistle. I agree with some here that things carried on longer than it should but I still believe the optics were worse than what actually happened.
I love CG... but he thinks we should field a girlscout cookie selling team.

We can still call them girl scouts, right?

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
C'mon man! Joseph has both arms around the guy and is helping to lift him up and then he willingly 'helps' him to the ground. The RB reaches back to grab ahold with one arm, since he's holding the ball in the other, and goes along for the ride. There is no way the RB pulled Joseph down on top of him especially since his feet are completely off the ground at that point. Joseph isn't off balance either.

I think you are right

I feel like I’ve watched it more than the Zapruder film, and if you watch his left arm it does look like he lifts the guy up.

His arm goes back and to the left, back and to the left, see, it goes back and to the left, back and to the left.....

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
I think you are right

I feel like I’ve watched it more than the Zapruder film, and if you watch his left arm it does look like he lifts the guy up.

His arm goes back and to the left, back and to the left, see, it goes back and to the left, back and to the left.....

I love a good movie nerd reference! ☺️

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
Joseph was clearly pulled down. If anything, they should've called the vandy punk for a horse collar. :thug2:

That's a neat trick from a guy with his feet in the air and one arm occupied by holding the ball. It is pretty amazing that we won given they have Mr. Incredible as a running back!

Methinks your orange and blue glasses might be distorting your vision. ☺️

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was definitely driving the "pulled down on top of RB" bus, but it was clear upon review that the RB was being lifted up, but he does look like he is pulling VJ down and Joseph looks legit surprised.

Furthermore, Joseph's feet position doesn't look like he would have the leverage to pull the guy off the ground.

It now looks like the other Gators are playing the part of lifting the RB up and Joseph is pulled down on top of the RB.

But as the wise sage from Major League says as his buddy continues to explain his "too high" theory for an opposing HR: "Who cares, it's gone."

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't help with Joseph telling the ref that was his stackle move.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
The physics of the move is interesting. Joseph is trying to pull him down and the other defenders are also trying to pull him down. It is almost like snapping a rubber band - Joseph is still fully engaged when the other two suddenly disengage. What he did with his feet flying out couldn't have been done on his own. The video in the game thread showed even more how the runner having his arm across Joseph contributed to the entire move - it was not something he was trying to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.