Journey and Toto tonight in Jax

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Any of my fellow 904 peasants going to the concert tonight? If so, let me know if you want to meet up before or during and put a face to a username....I will be the one handing out complimentary tinfoil hats at the gate

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Any of my fellow 904 peasants going to the concert tonight? If so, let me know if you want to meet up before or during and put a face to a username....I will be the one handing out complimentary tinfoil hats at the gate
How was it? We saw "Phillipino Journey" with Night Ranger 12 or so years ago. Night Ranger was great. As for "Phillipino Journey," they were great as long as I kept my eyes closed and just listened... if I opened my eyes and saw "Phillipino Journey," the moment was ruined... (there is a Thai "lady boi" hooker joke somewhere in there!).

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Perry needs to reconcile for a retirement tour. They’d pack stadiums.
I would pay a lot of money to hear the vocals in this song again in concert, but there is no chance in hell he has this voice anymore...

Last edited:

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
How was it? We saw "Phillipino Journey" with Night Ranger 12 or so years ago. Night Ranger was great. As for "Phillipino Journey," they were great as long as I kept my eyes closed and just listened... if I opened my eyes and saw "Phillipino Journey," the moment was ruined... (there is a Thai "lady boi" hooker joke somewhere in there!).

Concert is tonight so I will let you know in 7 or 8 hours....funny you mention the Filipino singer...I wanted to hear him before I purchased tix and I must say he is impressive...certainly no Perry but a very good replacement....

I would love to see Night Ranger...I think they are touring with Poison this summer but the closest they come to Jax is Tampa

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Concert is tonight so I will let you know in 7 or 8 hours....funny you mention the Filipino singer...I wanted to hear him before I purchased tix and I must say he is impressive...certainly no Perry but a very good replacement....

I would love to see Night Ranger...I think they are touring with Poison this summer but the closest they come to Jax is Tampa
The Night Ranger part of the concert was great... it was them, they sounded like them, and the were clearly having fun.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019

I would love to see Night Ranger...I think they are touring with Poison this summer but the closest they come to Jax os
The Night Ranger part of the concert was great... it was them, they sounded like them, and the were clearly having fun.

Can't wait for Eagles next month...never seen them and this might be my only chance

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

I would love to see Night Ranger...I think they are touring with Poison this summer but the closest they come to Jax os

Can't wait for Eagles next month...never seen them and this might be my only chance
Son #1 saw them in Tampa like two years ago (?) and loved them, Joe Walsh sounded good in the video he sent from the concert.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Saw them in Greenville,SC six months or so before Frey died. 3 hours with a 15 minute intermission. Incredible.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
1) Concert tonight was great....Toto was awesome with some sick guitar solos and even though Mr Filipino is no Steve Perry, he is a close 2nd...sounds an awful lot like him and brings a ton of energy

2) Even though I now regret not seeing the Eagles previously with Frey I am quite confident that Vince Gill can more than hold his own on vocals

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Trying to upload some vids from last night but it says the file doesnt have an allowed extension whatever that means

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Trying to upload some vids from last night but it says the file doesnt have an allowed extension whatever that means
Only way you can upload videos is if you make your own youtube channel, post there, copy link to here, or if you upload it to some other social media like instagram, twitter, facebook...

PS Paper said today that it is Neal Schon's birthday

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Only way you can upload videos is if you make your own youtube channel, post there, copy link to here, or if you upload it to some other social media like instagram, twitter, facebook...

PS Paper said today that it is Neal Schon's birthday

Birthday was last night actually…I only know because they mentioned it during the show..unless they were just celebrating last night?

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
I saw Journey & Loverboy in Lakeland in 1981. Never heard of Loverboy until the show but they rocked live on stage.

I saw Night Ranger open for .38 Special in '84. I worked security for that one, at the mixing board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb