Just beat the Noles and get a top 10 Recruiting Class

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
That's about as good as we can hope for the remainder of this season. Of course I want to win the rest of the games and get a top 5 class, but lets be realistic here. It ain't happening. We ain't beating the Dawgs, they had their bad game and we'll make Fromm look amazing yet again this year. We'll lay our yearly egg against Missouri too. However we should still be able to handle the Noles along with the Cocks, and Vandy. I thought coming into the year we were probably 8-4, and honestly we still may end up there, but I think more than likely it'll be 9-3. More than anything, it would be great to get inside the top ten in recruiting, It certainly needs to be higher than that to compete with the elites, but it's probably the best we can salvage at this point. So starting and finishing the regular season with victorys over your in state rivals and beating a pretty good Auburn team looks like the highlights of this season. Hopefully there's a shake up on this staff after the season as well. Go Gators!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we beat Jawga, Misery, and USCe, we claim the East.

there’s still a lot to play for.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Y’all will see in a month. Many still living in fantasy land on here. It’s a possibility that we win rest of games, but very unlikely. Biggest offensive blame I can lay on Mullen at this point is not getting the run game going consistently, other than that I have no problems with what we’ve been able to produce on that side of ball. Grantham struggles against good passers, and sometimes he makes average passers(Fromm) look fantastic. Maybe he’ll finally take another job after the season.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017

With Greenard and Zuniga out, what do you think Grantham should do against teams like UGA? Honestly is there a solution for the loss of those two on defense?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Y’all will see in a month. Many still living in fantasy land on here. It’s a possibility that we win rest of games, but very unlikely. Biggest offensive blame I can lay on Mullen at this point is not getting the run game going consistently, other than that I have no problems with what we’ve been able to produce on that side of ball. Grantham struggles against good passers, and sometimes he makes average passers(Fromm) look fantastic. Maybe he’ll finally take another job after the season.

I don’t entirely disagree, but realize Saban, Spurrier and Meyer have 53 collective years of coaching at the P5 level, and have managed exactly 2 perfect seasons(giving Meyer credit for ‘04 Utah). It just isn’t very common, especially in this conference. So even the proven great ones have games like this. I don’t think It’s time to start conceding anything. If we’d been blown out, I could see it. Not at this point.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I don’t entirely disagree, but realize Saban, Spurrier and Meyer have 53 collective years of coaching at the P5 level, and have managed exactly 2 perfect seasons(giving Meyer credit for ‘04 Utah). It just isn’t very common, especially in this conference. So even the proven great ones have games like this. I don’t think It’s time to start conceding anything. If we’d been blown out, I could see it. Not at this point.

I just see 2 more losses for this team this year. Some people act like I’m predicting us to lose out. 2 more losses is very likely, I have no confidence in Grantham anymore.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017

Urbs has 2, if you count 2012 OSU.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I just see 2 more losses for this team this year. Some people act like I’m predicting us to lose out. 2 more losses is very likely, I have no confidence in Grantham anymore.

He has some bad games and some good one. If he stays, I’d restructure so that he’s not looking at every NFL opening every season. That can’t help recruiting. Otherwise, to me it was just a bad night vs a great offense. I’m not his biggest fan, but I’m not throwing in the towel there either.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Urbs has 2, if you count 2012 OSU.

Have to play in and win your conference and/or NC game to be perfect. At best it’s an incomplete.

And again, technically the Utah nod is just a kind gesture. If we’re honest, it’s 50 years and 1 undefeated season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator