Just for grins, let's go head coach shopping

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've read a ton of pieces on who's allegedly hot and who's available. I was tempted to post a poll, but the reality is only a few are recognizable, guys like Satterfield from Appalachian State, Frost from UCF, Morris from SMU and Memphis' Norvell, whom we speculated on during the immediate post-Muschamp period.

The days of the home run hire are long gone. I'm sure someone's going to nominate Stoops with Spurrier as his OC, or vice versa for nostalgia's sake, but let's get real. And I'm going to bop you over the head if you so as much mention Les Miles.

Would you want to be the guy in charge of ensuring the replacement to Mac was 100% workable?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't envy anyone having to make this choice, but it's part of the reason they hire search committees. I don't follow other teams enough to make an intelligent choice, but one thing is for sure...the next hire is crucial for our program. We're gonna become the Voles with another lousy hire.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If only SOS were younger....

He's not-yet-old enough and still vital enough that I have no doubt if called upon he'd sign up for Rescue #2 to bridge the gap until the right guy was found. SOS thrives on that kind of situation. Having said that, it won't happen.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't envy anyone having to make this choice, but it's part of the reason they hire search committees.
Committees are a disaster. Crowdthink will always result in a low risk low reward cheap option.

We need an AD on a mission, like Mal moore was when he hired Saban or Meatchikin when the wouldnt take no for an answer from Harball.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
chip_kelly_by_lupe_macias-d9coltk.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Right....actually I expect Saban to quit soon.....maybe not.

Saban's a cash hoar. I'm sure Sas posted it for a laugh, but the more laughable thing is it probably could lure Saban.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I dont think Kelly ever comes here and I am not sure it would work if he did but at this point we may have to try it.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure who's next, but im wishful mac pulls a Spurrier, takes blame, and quits mid-season. Maybe Steve can head down there and suggest it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well, if you want an offensive splash, there is no bigger hire than Chip Kelly. No one even comes close.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
As I posted elsewhere, If SOS was the answer, he'd still be at USCe. The "big" hires (i.e, Stoops, Chucky) are simply more of the same.

Gatorjunky47

Jan 19, 2016
I love Charlie, but he's not the guy for a major program. I'd take his as our DC in a heartbeat but not as the HC.
Charlie would bring in the defensive players, a good OC and most importantly he would not put his nose in the offense

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb