Just Like or Dislike? Introducing 4 more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
G Gordon, one of our newbies from Swamp Ass, accosted me very soon after joining this board on expanding our post ratings, similar to how they do it over there. As a little history, I had the same add-on program as they did for a couple years now, but decided I didn't want to use all the fluff. For those that have no idea what I'm talking about, this add-on allows you to have an unlimited amount of ratings on posts other than Like, such as "Funny", or "Agree" or stuff like that. I decided in the end just to use Dislike, which is when the Dislike button was born.

I've decided to add four more to make things a little more interesting:

Funny
Informative
Disagree

....and one that I debated on adding and finally decided it was very Gatorchatter-esque. No other board on the internet would even consider adding it:

Facepalm :lol:

Everyone is very protective of their likes, so listen up:

"Funny" and "Informative" count as Likes. They will be considered part of your like count and count towards your ratio, etc. However, this will add an additional competition to see who can lead in Funny and Informative posts. Should be kind of interesting. However, if any of this starts causing problems, I'll simply remove them. I added "Disagree" because that may not enrage people as much as "Dislike".

Side note: Don't abuse the ratings system. Going around giving negative ratings on posts because you're butthurt at the author is lame. I have no qualms whatsoever removing the capabilities of those who are abusive of the system. Saying that, don't take negative ratings so damn seriously. Ultimately, they are meaningless.

Now l'll sit back and listen to a bunch of people tell me what a dumb idea this is.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
You da boss, Ox so you call the signals.........Likes, dislikes , kisses, hugs, KMA's I am good with all of it but probably wont use em.
But I would give extra likes sometimes........can you add that to it.........?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I think that this is a good improvement. Unfortunately I was angry at a poster and unlike what I usually do made a lot of dislikes. I will restrain myself in the future, and go back to just using the excellent feature for disrespectful posters who for me post things I am better off not seeing.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good decisions. You made the board better by adding more reactions and the ones you chose are great! Finally, giving positive credit for the positive reactions is important for many members. The little guys just want to be liked, ya know?
:heehee:

Very well done.
[GIPHY="applause"]https://media3.giphy.com/media/NnGGHE0muVqpO/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
As I have mentioned previously I have never visited ASS SWAMP mainly b/c all you guys say it is nothing but a bunch of genuflecting suckholes who thought Zook, Chimp and Butters were the 2nd coming of JC or at least the greatest thing since sliced bread. So I say anything remotely associated with ASS SWAMP can ...........................

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Is the Gatorchatter app supposed to have these options? I only see the like button.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Just the dumb sh*t.
I respect your retarded opinions, but only when you back them up with something. Tell me specifically how this is bad for the board instead of sitting back and throwing darts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member