Just when you thought it could't get any worse....

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yep it makes me pretty mad when you possibly have an AD willing to retain a 7-4 record coach with another loss to Georgia possibly in his 4th season after the terrible results the first 3 seasons. So many of these stories have popped up prior to the season it possibly means there could be some truth to them.

Lets see he has 2 SEC losing seasons out of 3 seasons played
He is 1-5 against our 2 biggest rivals
He is 0-3 against our biggest rival Georgia
He has not won the division
He lost to an FCS team
He led us to our worst record in 34 years
He said himself that he wasn't on some 5 year project here - that this is Florida

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Franz Beard is a complete idiot and has no inside UF contacts...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ergator920103;n52799 said:
Franz Beard is a complete idiot and has no inside UF contacts...

He is wrong a lot but I can't count the number of writers before the season began suggesting 7-5 may be good enough due to last season. It makes you wonder if Foley said something to someone about just being headed in the right direction.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Gator Fever said:
Yep it makes me pretty mad when you possibly have an AD willing to retain a 7-4 record coach with another loss to Georgia possibly in his 4th season after the terrible results the first 3 seasons. So many of these stories have popped up prior to the season it possibly means there could be some truth to them.

He lost to an FCS team
He said himself that he wasn't on some 5 year project here - that this is Florida
Careful. Captain Sasquatch will say you are too butthurt.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, overall I agree with him that Foley absolutely, positively DOES NOT want to get rid of Muschamp, and will use any justification possible to keep him around longer. It's outside pressure that will have to force his hand.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:

He lost to an FCS team
No one can pump sunshine through those results.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n52730 said:
We have the same schedule we've always had, but we didn't use to look at second or third tier SEC teams as sure losses.

As far as I know, Chimp knew we were in the SEC when he took the job. We weren't planning on joining the ACC in the near future.

Perhaps if you shook the impacted fecal matter lodged between your ears loose and READ the rest of my post you would see that I'm saying we ARE NOT supposed to be a second or third level team in the SEC....And if we are at this point then it is nothing but coaching.
For the record I would fire Muschamp with anything less than 8 wins pre bowl game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n52812 said:
Hell, overall I agree with him that Foley absolutely, positively DOES NOT want to get rid of Muschamp, and will use any justification possible to keep him around longer. It's outside pressure that will have to force his hand.

Tens of thousands of empty seats will handle the problem. One way or another.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n52972 said:
Tens of thousands of empty seats will handle the problem. One way or another.

I know they have been pushing those multi packages so you may only get the huge amount of people missing for that Eastern KY home game. Not sure about the Missouri game but I bet LSU and SC has already mostly been sold.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This article means nothing, because if they lose in toilet town (aka Knoxville), then things will start to snowball with the teams left on the schedule. It will be impossible for Foley to keep him as head coach.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n52812 said:

While I'll agree that Foley clearly wants a long-term guy and therefore wants WM to win (like all of us) and stick around, I disagree with the notion that he is safe. Again I'll mention the facial expression last Saturday night in the first OT. Some here can try to refute it if they'd like, but the fact is that was a face we've never seen before. And to be truthful, had we lost, it would only have been one game. Nothing that says we couldn't run the table, win the SEC, get into the playoff, etc. Yet, he looked like it was crashing to an end. That tells me, that he's fully aware that can't have the '04 Msu moment and survive. Articles like this, at this point, are ridiculous.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Mudd said:
Concrete Helmet said:
BS.....While I remain positive to the outcome of this season we have a BRUTAL schedule. If we fall to .500 or below before the end of the season Muschamp is gone. The 3 game stretch of LSU, Mizzou, and UGA will determine his fate, count on it. While it may not seem fair to some, no excuses will matter this season. Unfortunately for Muschamp, the bar was raised after missing the Idaho game because it would have given him a sure W. Now it is what it is and should be.....he has to earn the record against mostly ranked teams. We are UF and that's just the way it is.

Great post! I try to be positive also, but no way I can be if we have another below. 500 season.
I wouldn't be happy, but it will be a step in the right direction and on the heels of that next year can't be the same. No team wins it all every year. If we do have a 4 losses this year I think more than 2 losses next year is too much and it will be time for a change.

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
As a Gator fan from the Ray Graves era, the thing that saddens me is that many Gator fans have reverted back to perceiving their team as a middle of the pack SEC team. That perception was a reality for decades until Spurrier came along and raised the bar. And, unfortunately, it appears to again be the reality today.

Before the season began, I believed that if the OC was able to make the changes envisioned to open up the offense and if the team could remain healthy, they could get through the regular season with two losses.

Last Saturday, we were a delay of game penalty on 4th down in OT from losing to Kentucky at home. People are quick to bring up the Ole Miss loss at home in 2008 as an example of a team losing to someone they shouldn't, yet things worked out. The difference is every Gator fan expected the 2008 team to be undefeated that year and play for the BCS NC. This year, most realistic fans can see the distinct possibility of 4 or 5 losses and truly believe a 3 loss season would be a welcomed surprise.

Nobody wants to fail, so an OC, only being human, is going to gravitate to calling the plays he feels the talent on his team can complete successfully and will shy away from taking chances with personnel who fail to get it done consistantly. The inability to checkdown quickly and his inconsistant accuracy will continue to plague Driskel. On the second to last OT drive, JD fails to recognize the open man crossing the goal in time by taking too long to progress with his checkdowns, getting the ball out too late. The next drive, all the OC calls is running plays to score and win the game.

I had to work Saturday and didn't get to watch the game until Sunday. Monitoring the score on my phone, I saw it was 3-3 at halftime. My first thought was that we were going to lose this game. It was the first time in my life I ever felt at half time that we were going to lose to a Kentucky team. That's how far this program has fallen in my perception.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

In 3 years as Gator HFC, Ron Zook:
Never
had a losing regular season record.
Never had a losing SEC record.
Never lost more than 2 games in a row.
Never lost to a FCS team.
Never coached a team that missed a bowl game.
Never lost to Vanderbilt.
Never lost a homecoming game.
Finished with a winning record against Georgia.

I love your sig, Mainland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator