Justin Fields decides to remain a leghumper

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
So that's what you're butthurt about? Corral, the diva who didn't fit at all and was afraid of competition?

We're going to land a MUCH better QB than Corral (it would be an upset at this point if Jones doesn't sign). Kudos to the coaching staff for not being lazy and at least attempting to flip an elite QB like Fields. Mac and company wouldn't even have bothered.
We shall see about Jones on the 20th.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Me too, but only because SOS changed the culture and started a run of dominance that has mostly healed that wound.
... mostly.

This is a serious thread. Where were we?

giphy.gif

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Corral must be a relative of yours.

Does fitting an offensive system mean anything to you?
He is not a relative at all. And let's be honest the only type of player that really fits his system is a rb who can throw the ball when needed. I've watched his tape and I think he would do fine if he was not asked to run the ball 20 times. I think he's a better overall Qb than Jones as well.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He is not a relative at all. And let's be honest the only type of player that really fits his system is a rb who can throw the ball when needed. I've watched his tape and I think he would do fine if he was not asked to run the ball 20 times. I think he's a better overall Qb than Jones as well.
But the QB IS going to be asked to run the ball 20 times, which is why we need a dual-threat QB.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is like choosing between a half-assed nanny with a hot bod and a middle-aged dump who keeps the place spotless, picks up the kids and never turns you in for not putting her on the payroll.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They will if Jones sucks it up and Corral lights it up. It will be Grier all over again.
Let's talk bout your boy Slick Willie T, what's up? He can't even recruit a coaching staff. You and the rest of the clowns must be crying in the big top.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is like choosing between a half-assed nanny with a hot bod and a middle-aged dump who keeps the place spotless, picks up the kids and never turns you in for not putting her on the payroll.
:what2:

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
But the QB IS going to be asked to run the ball 20 times, which is why we need a dual-threat QB.
A "Qb" should never be asked to run the ball 20 times ever. To me a dual threat Qb is someone who can scramble when needed and run a Qb draw or read option when asked. The definition is a quarterback who possesses the skills and physique to run with the ball if necessary. Corral can run when it's necessary and even run read option if asked but no Qb should be asked to run 20+ times a game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
A "Qb" should never be asked to run the ball 20 times ever. To me a dual threat Qb is someone who can scramble when needed and run a Qb draw or read option when asked. The definition is a quarterback who possesses the skills and physique to run with the ball if necessary. Corral can run when it's necessary and even run read option if asked but no Qb should be asked to run 20+ times a game.
Corral is gone, old hoss. He didn't want competition.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Corral is gone, old hoss. He didn't want competition.

For better or worse...and I agree that Jones is a better fit...Corral was told we were looking around either directly or by us actively pursuing other options. The writing was on the wall.

Mullen must get Jones. Period.

veroG8tr

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2014
I know it will never happen. But wouldn’t it be great if Fields pulled the biggest troll of all time and signs with the good guys. The Georiga meltdown would be amazing....one can dream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.