Justin Fields decides to remain a leghumper

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Watched all of his games at UF and you’re still wrong. Your argument is beyond dumb and wrong

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
itraz I'm glad your back bro but please stop pissing and moaning about dislikes. they don't mean anything.

Murph265

May 30, 2017
After all this huge excitement about who our new coach will be, we get Cousin Eddie at a Nick Saban pricetag. Stricklin is a friggin idiot to pay $7M for guaranteed mediocrity for years to come. Our rivals are laughing their azzes off right now.
I think most of them are very wary of a Mullen-coached Florida team. Who is better?

Murph265

May 30, 2017
If you whiff on some quality candidates and have no other top notch hires to approach. You SHOULD do one of 2 things:

1) Identify a decent individual on the current staff that can take the reigns, give them a 1 year contract at a small price and then tag them interim while you wait and continue to work on things for next offseason. If they end up doing great, perfect. If not, its not a huge loss, just a season and you actually saved money while really getting your ducks in a row for next hiring season.

2) Identify a coach who doesnt have the stellar wins/loss record but is known as being a top notch recruiter and bring him in on a mid level paying 3 year deal. Let him stack the cupboard. If he ends up doing great, again, great. If not, you havent broken the bank and now you have a stockpile of talent to showcase the next group of hotshot coaches making yourself MUCH more appealing to the big time guys.

What you DO NOT do is hire a middling coach who doesn't do much of anything any better than the guy you fired; not recruiting, not winning, not anything really. And if you do end up making this awful mistake, you don't double down on stupid by giving him a long contract with top 10 coach money guaranteed. Do this and you wont stockpile talent, you wont see a big difference in results on the field, and when it comes time to move on from the failure, you look no better than you did before and you have less money to offer. This option is foley level incompetence.
Who is the guy that is way better than the "middling guy" we have hired? Tired of the whining....

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
I just hope that if we go hard after Fields that it happens with much less attention than this coaching search did. I don't want to piss Corral off especially if Fields sticks with the leghumpers. I would usually say that a kid has to be able to handle competition like this but we are so starved for talent that I'm changing my mind for the time being.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just hope that if we go hard after Fields that it happens with much less attention than this coaching search did. I don't want to piss Corral off especially if Fields sticks with the leghumpers. I would usually say that a kid has to be able to handle competition like this but we are so starved for talent that I'm changing my mind for the time being.
We could sign three freshman QBs and ALL will likely play.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Does Franks transfer now. Pretty telling quote by Eddie in the presser about intelligence at the QB position.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does Franks transfer now. Pretty telling quote by Eddie in the presser about intelligence at the QB position.
You might be surprised how well Franks does in this offense. It's more up his alley. I wonder if Zaire tries for his sixth year.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Corral doesn’t strike me as the type of kid that cares about competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb