Keep Feeding Malik Davis

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The kid has The Juice. But, hopefully he is nothing like The Juice off the field. If the offensive line can continue to execute and open holes for him, tougher opponents will have to respect our running game. From what I’ve noticed, Franks has thrown some of his best passes off of play action. His ability to move the chains and break big runs consistently will largely determine the success or lack thereof we have when the real season starts next week.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The third-and-long for tough yards was as impressive as the TD run late. He's gifted and unusually strong for his size.

We have the makings of a triumvirate in Davis, Toney and Cleveland.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I love his quick burst to and through the hole. He's like a horse in the paddock just waiting on that door to open.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Scarlett missing this season may end up being a blessing for next year with Davis getting all this work in.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The third-and-long for tough yards was as impressive as the TD run late. He's gifted and unusually strong for his size.

We have the makings of a triumvirate in Davis, Toney and Cleveland.
I'm worried about Cleveland. After that ankle got rolled, he was limping pretty severely into the locker room and we never saw him again. Even if it's just a sprain it could take weeks before he's "full-go" again...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm worried about Cleveland. After that ankle got rolled, he was limping pretty severely into the locker room and we never saw him again. Even if it's just a sprain it could take weeks before he's "full-go" again...

We got a bye coming up, don't we? I think he'll be fine. We'll see.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mark Thompson needs to be a TE/HB. Continue to alternate Perine and Davis. And use Thompson for the short passing game.

Thompson sucks running the ball.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with others, this young man has good vision, is quick, and unexpectedly strong. I can't remember a time when he hasn't gotten a few more yards after contact or at least fallen forward. ...and that is great!

:chomp:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mark Thompson needs to be a TE/HB. Continue to alternate Perine and Davis. And use Thompson for the short passing game.

Yeah, I kinda agree. He's a really nice receiver and a big body, but if he could play Hback he might be better there. I'm imagining some Aaron "Killer" Hernandez style shuffle passes.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I kinda agree. He's a really nice receiver and a big body, but if he could play Hback he might be better there. I'm imagining some Aaron "Killer" Hernandez style shuffle passes.

That's really where he would be the best.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I wouldn't mind seeing what Lemons has got, but at this point, I don't think we see him at all this season.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Can you imagine being able to alternate Scarlett and Davis all game long? Too bad that's no longer an option. We could have given people fits with that.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with others, this young man has good vision, is quick, and unexpectedly strong. I can't remember a time when he hasn't gotten a few more yards after contact or at least fallen forward. ...and that is great!

:chomp:

Exactly! Great observation. This kid’s vision is the best part of his game IMO. He sees holes developing and hits them much quicker than any of our other backs. He also has the speed to be a home run hitter and score from 70 yards out. Despite his size, he appears to have Scarlett’s toughness. He and Toney have been fantastic this year.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I was impressed with his footwork and vision on the 1 yard TD run. Side stepped a defender and squeezed through the line.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Davis has Great vision and instincts. That is the best weapon a back has. As we all know, it's not about being the biggest or the fastest all the time. Knowing where to go and when, by using that vision and natural instincts... you can't teach that natural ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.