Kelly insists he didn't duck SEC fishbowl

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oh please do tell, who is that "waaaayyyyy" higher coach that we should have aimed for?
Don't take him serious. He waffles on the subject depending on the day of the week.

Some days it's, we should have promoted an assistant and waited on the home run hire. Other days it's alluding to some big name having been out there that everyone forgot about. Except Law.

When I ask him to name names, he changes the subject.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don't take him serious. He waffles on the subject depending on the day of the week.

Some days it's, we should have promoted an assistant and waited on the home run hire. Other days it's alluding to some big name having been out there that everyone forgot about. Except Law.

When I ask him to name names, he changes the subject.
I cant give you a name because I dont know. Competent ADs make inquiries and find out who is secretly available. Saban, Petrino and Harbaugh werent "available" by your standards either.

It sure as hell wouldnt have been an option OC who is lucky to put together a top 50 offense and who has a losing conference record.

We havent always been limited to hiring directional school coaches or paying directional school salaries. I know you guys think those are part of "the rules" (rules of Fooley really). We used to give ACC champ coaches a promotion, or hire guys who had at least won the directional school conferences.

Yeah, Id go for any number of OCs from a school who has had success throwing the ball around and who has a reputation as a strong recruiter, over almost all the names listed. Its always a risk, but so is a guy with a proven record of being a losing sec coach.

If Mulkinz was the name forwarded, Id fire the search committee and start over.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I cant give you a name because I dont know. Competent ADs make inquiries and find out who is secretly available. Saban, Petrino and Harbaugh werent "available" by your standards either.

It sure as hell wouldnt have been an option OC who is lucky to put together a top 50 offense and who has a losing conference record.

We havent always been limited to hiring directional school coaches or paying directional school salaries. I know you guys think those are part of "the rules" (rules of Fooley really). We used to give ACC champ coaches a promotion, or hire guys who had at least won the directional school conferences.

Yeah, Id go for any number of OCs from a school who has had success throwing the ball around and who has a reputation as a strong recruiter, over almost all the names listed. Its always a risk, but so is a guy with a proven record of being a losing sec coach.

If Mulkinz was the name forwarded, Id fire the search committee and start over.
I wanted Norvell after Frost dropped out. He must have done somebody's wife because no one went near the guy.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Look, every single coach in the country including the NFL should drop what they are doing and come to Florida just because we are Florida. We can snap our fingers and get whoever we want. Not sure why we ended up with Mullen....hmmm

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look, every single coach in the country including the NFL should drop what they are doing and come to Florida just because we are Florida. We can snap our fingers and get whoever we want. Not sure why we ended up with Mullen....hmmm
Well, youre right. You guys have gotten wjat you wanted. We a team who is just happy to make a bowl some years and whatever 21-16 coach we can get.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Well, youre right. You guys have gotten wjat you wanted. We a team who is just happy to make a bowl some years and whatever 21-16 coach we can get.

You guys? You were riding the Mullen train just last week. We all want a top tier coach but it pretty obvious we aren't the Florida of old. Its hilarious how your somehow separate from everyone else and your the only one who wants to win. Go check yourself in the mirror.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.