Kelly the thief: UCLA gets ONE player in top 400

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The 49th ranked class. You think we have recruiting issues? 'Ol Chip evidently thinks he can get great players to flock to UCLA using willpower alone. God forbid they actually reach out and try to get people. He's been an unmitigated disaster, and it's obvious he has no interest in being a college football coach. He's stealing their money.

Chip Kelly’s UCLA appears to have 2 big recruiting problems

Discuss.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Hated the idea of him even being talked about as HC here. I know people thought he could stir the fanbase and have a fun offense, but I said from the outset he was #1 on my do NOT want list. I think he is a horrible total coach and got exposed when put on a level playing field in the NFL.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he's a bad coach when he's engaged, but it's obvious he has no interest in college coaching.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
They should fire him now. What on Earth is he offering them? Losing seasons with absolutely no hope for the future? Should it be difficult to recruit people to that beautiful campus? It's not like UCLA is in Fargo.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
I don't think he's a bad coach when he's engaged, but it's obvious he has no interest in college coaching.

This was always really the only question about whether he would have been successful. I wanted Chip because I thought he could do special things here but that's only because I didn't get to interview him. I imagine that interview was terrible as his disdain for college coaching/recruiting would have been evident.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
When a guy talks about how much he hates recruiting, this is the result you get. No one should be shocked by this.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Being a HBC is complex and difficult, it has competing activities that are really not that compatible. I see failure in his future unless he can get someone to do those things he is either not capable of doing or won't do like recruiting. Perhaps an OC in the NFL or canadian league would work for him, but since he really does not need the money retirement would be best. He is apparently too arrogant to understand that.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I had more than a few post in the 50 page Kelly thread and 95% of posters here wanted him, we really dodged one.
My list consisted of three names we actually had a shot at, Chip Kelly, Brian Kelly and Patterson from TCU.

If Mullel can survive with two more classes just outside the top ten we will see his and our programs real potential in 2021 when our stand alone is nearing completion.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
UCLA isn’t known for making great coaching hires. We’re fortunate we didn’t get him.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
and yet.........

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Most everyone on this board wanted him at the time, turned out to be blessing in disguise when we didn’t land him. Then the whole board melted down with the Mullen hire. Lol

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
DutNCO4XQAAOwSh.jpg:large

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was an Eagles fan and I thought Kelly was extremely limited in his offensive approach, dumb about personnel decisions - including some stupid trades - and created divisiveness and low morale in the locker room through his inability to communicate with nearly anyone who he went to work with, most notably his players. I never could figure out why people liked him so much. He had more money than God at Oregon, ridiculous amounts poured into facilities, kitchy uniforms with gold paint, weight rooms, etc.. He made whatever they do in Dubai look like McDonalds. And he was shady.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Mullel can survive with two more classes just outside the top ten we will see his and our programs real potential in 2021 when our stand alone is nearing completion.
:lmao2: 2021? Baseball isnt going to be completed by then I suspect. Id beat Ox' missing nuts that not a single shovel full has been moved on football by then.

The whole fheory that we are going to waste for more years THEN start recruiting is hilarious.

Some of the excuses you guys make. You really happy with going 9-4 or 8-5 until then and finally HOPING we add a great class in 2022 and 2023 then start competing in 2025?

You are right of course, that it will be 2022 when we have a chance to start competing again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.