Kelly the thief: UCLA gets ONE player in top 400

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Hated the idea of him even being talked about as HC here. I know people thought he could stir the fanbase and have a fun offense, but I said from the outset he was #1 on my do NOT want list. I think he is a horrible total coach and got exposed when put on a level playing field in the NFL.
Well, for sure, it looks like we dodged a bullet where he was concerned. He might be lazier the Old Hee Haw.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
The whole fheory that we are going to waste for more years THEN start recruiting is hilarious.
Yeah, we're going to have to get into the top 5 in a real hurry if we expect to play with GA, LSU significant others. I mention those two because we play them every year. As far as facilities, we'll be digging ourselves out from under the dumpster left by Fooley for the foreeable future.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As far as facilities, we'll be digging ourselves out from under the dumpster left by Fooley for the foreeable future.
I just dont see any urgency. The IPF was attacked w urgency and built in a year. We have been talking about the rest for five years now and we are still 5-ish years away (if you even believe them).

They are intent on finishing all other sports first while they think they have football fans in a giving mood.

There are only two in the ADO who werent hired by Fooley. It is pretty obvious his mindset still rules the place.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Probably worse than Mac and Mullen so far - maybe 7th or 8th in the SEC or something like that. He got classes in the high teens at Oregon usually which wasn't bad for there but not good either.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just dont see any urgency. The IPF was attacked w urgency and built in a year. We have been talking about the rest for five years now and we are still 5-ish years away (if you even believe them).

They are intent on finishing all other sports first while they think they have football fans in a giving mood.

There are only two in the ADO who werent hired by Fooley. It is pretty obvious his mindset still rules the place.
There's an assumption there that Stricklin lacks the ability to think independently and that Foley's lackeys wield enormous influence.

Stricklin is the CEO, the rest bureaucrats.

Stricklin's background is baseball. The baseball decision came after football elected to take its real estate. That could be on Stricklin.

Last edited:

Chip Kelly

Nov 19, 2017
:finger:

odyTdb0.jpg

money-animated-gif-1.gif

UCLA-cheerleaders-ncaa-cheerleaders-20694266-600-325.jpg

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I think wins/losses have nothing to do with the first couple of classes and its on the coaches recruiting ability mostly. Kelly isn't putting in any effort it appears.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I actually looked at a bunch of teams in recent years with new hires at the big football schools in the South and Mac was definitely an exception on recruiting compared to most with regards to 2nd classes.

Maybe somewhere like UCLA it could be more of a detriment.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
He's having to fix a dumpster fire with a bunch of players that don't fit his scheme on offense nor does he like recruiting. He'll be fine once he gets some speed and a mobile QB of his choosing. They have good young players on defense. These threads never end well.

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
He's having to fix a dumpster fire with a bunch of players that don't fit his scheme on offense nor does he like recruiting. He'll be fine once he gets some speed and a mobile QB of his choosing. They have good young players on defense. These threads never end well.
Well, until this is posted yours is the end post of this thread, so you were correct, this thread wasn't ending well.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
How is he supposed to get good players for his system if he isn’t recruiting? He literally is not recruiting, making the second-fewest offers in the entire country. He’s just sitting on his fat ass.

Have you ever been right about a single thing since joining here? Your tenure here is not going to end well.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looking back at the Kelly Chase, part of the enthusiasm for him coming here had to be the desire for Florida still being seen as a place that can attract the top names being discussed and the confidence that brings re: the health of the image.

Certainly some of the thrill of Meyer coming here back then was that he passed on the chance to coach Notre Dame to do it. It made UF look stronger than even the Golden Dome and that is a good feeling.

Not saying this is a good reason to want a coach, but I understand this notion from the fans that wanted it.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
He was my clear #1 mainly because it would have generated a lot of buzz and would have signaled we were committed to doing whatever it takes to get back to the top. He was the top guy on the board. I have no idea if he would have been any more engaged here than he is at UCLA, but I'd have rather swung for the fences with Kelly than drop down the bunt like we did with Mullen.
That was a reasonable stance a year ago. That is not the case today. Not even close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.