Kelvin Taylor hints at possible transfer on Twitter

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n77715 said:
That's because whenever he is in the game-3 or 4 times- it is a handoff to him......Put him in and LEAVE HIM in, then see how the numbers look. Anyone who thinks KT is not as talented as Alex Collins or Mike Davis just doesn't know football.......Oh wait, that would be our moronic coach.

I agree he has some major talent and will show it somewhere if not here if Muschamp keeps it up.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n77817 said:
Not true at all. All great backs get better with more carries. Plain and simple it is what makes "true" great backs what they are.....it's a feel or groove thing much like a good shooter in basketball. Coaches never told players like MJ or Jerry West to stop shooting the ball, and good football coaches never stop feeding great backs the football, which is further proof we don't have a good football coach.........we have an idiot who for some reason favors less talented players over truly talented players.

Either you can't read or you are Kelvin. I didn't say that a great back wouldn't get better with more carries. Read it again and see if you can tell what I really said - that URG agreed with.
:angry:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Circle City Gator;n77837 said:
No, not really. I watched all Driskel's runs, too. In those, the running back acted as fullback (including a couple of times by Taylor), giving Driskel a lead blocker, something most of our running backs don't get. I don't think Taylor is dominant in the offense we're running right now, but I think he can be a dominant back. Of course, that might call for a quarterback who can throw the ball, make play action a real threat, and perhaps even once in a while get a lead block of his own.

You told the truth here, even if you and Concrete Helmet didn't recognize it. Let me emphasize the critical words that make this point debatable and debated.

I don't think Taylor is dominant in the offense we're running right now, but I think he can be a dominant back.

It would be more accurate to say, "Taylor is not dominant in the offense we're running right now, but I think he can be a dominant back."

What is clear is that he isn't dominating right now. People can say it's because he isn't getting enough carries to be dominant - that's their opinion. What we know is that he isn't performing like a dominant back right now - he's not even performing like the best back on the team (statistically speaking). In fact his YPC is smaller than Matt Jones, Mack Brown and Brandon Powell, and his YPC is only larger than Mark Herndon and Darious Masline (of the RB's who have carries this year).

"But he is a great back!" some say. I say that's speculation that you - and I - hope is true. ...but at this point it's still speculation. If I were Roper, I would have used Jeff fewer times against LSU and given those carries instead to Powell, Taylor and Debose (sweeps) -probably in that order. You people who keep saying he's a great back need to acknowledge what Circle City Gator did - it's just your opinion.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
High School reputation only get's you on the team in the SEC.

Taylor hasn't performed up to expectations yet but really who has on this team?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.