Key West

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Got engaged in Key West. Coordinated with one of the street performers on Mallory Square: snorkel the performing pig.

They pulled my soon to be fiancé out of the crowd to do juggling/magic act. At the end, they had her pull a string, which released a banner that says will you marry me. I snuck up behind, got on knee, ring in hand.

Then we partied like pirates.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Got engaged in Key West. Coordinated with one of the street performers on Mallory Square: snorkel the performing pig.

They pulled my soon to be fiancé out of the crowd to do juggling/magic act. At the end, they had her pull a string, which released a banner that says will you marry me. I snuck up behind, got on knee, ring in hand.

Then we partied like pirates.
That's a great story!

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I married a girl in Key West once...

Funny, those never seem to work out. I have a friend who married his 3rd (of 4) wife in Key West. Another buddy married his first of three there. It's like the Vegas of the East for marriage longevity.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Funny, those never seem to work out. I have a friend who married his 3rd (of 4) wife in Key West. Another buddy married his first of three there. It's like the Vegas of the East for marriage longevity.

Yes, you have accurately summed up my experience. From the pumperish viewpoint, I fortunately ended up with a couple of residual blessings.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Married my ex on Marathon. Only bad experience I can recall on my many visits to the Keys.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Does anyone remember the Coral Grill restaurant in Islamorado? Is it still there?

I’ve been going to Islamorada for years, but I honestly don’t remember a Coral Grill. Doesn’t mean it’s not still open, but I doubt it is. Sorry.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve been going to Islamorada for years, but I honestly don’t remember a Coral Grill. Doesn’t mean it’s not still open, but I doubt it is. Sorry.

Looks like it closed in 2007 and is now Whale Harbor Buffet.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thats World Famous Whale Harbor Buffet. I looked at their menu , looks pretty good, specially the Fried Yellowtail Snapper.
AARRRRRGHH.
slide-04.jpg

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Thats World Famous Whale Harbor Buffet. I looked at their menu , looks pretty good, specially the Fried Yellowtail Snapper.
AARRRRRGHH.
slide-04.jpg
Yellowtail snapper used to bring the highest price per pound of any fish down in the Keys (no idea if this is still true). Not easy to catch either. Gotta use light gear as they’re leader-shy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.