Kick Marco Wilson off the team

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
That makes him maybe the most underperforming. there's no doubt he was just ****ing terrible. he would look like Stiner on four or five plays every game.

but Stiner looks like Stiner every play of every game.

I'm telling you, replay the tape and I dare you to try to figure out what Stiner is doing.
I dare Stiner to figure out what Stiner is doing.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Here’s a Marco Wilson form tackle fo you:

636411853254380290-USATSI-10284367.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
13 was nowhere near the play, but is lording over like he made a killer stop!......:bwahaha:
I cant really remember a more worthless player.

At least Wondy kind of ran around aimlessly but waiving and flapping his arms. It could probably be visually confusing to a guy.

People mention KJ but he was an all american compared to Stiner. KJ only blew two or three plays a game. I'm hard-pressed to figure out what Stiner's doing on most plays. It appears to be just standing there or kind of slowly wandering in a certain direction, often a nonsensical direction.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I cant really remember a more worthless player.

At least Wondy kind of ran around aimlessly but waiving and flapping his arms. It could probably be visually confusing to a guy.

People mention KJ but he was an all american compared to Stiner. KJ only blew two or three plays a game. I'm hard-pressed to figure out what Stiner's doing on most plays. It appears to be just standing there or kind of slowly wandering in a certain direction, often a nonsensical direction.

the only reason Stiner is better IMO is because he was so bad that picks sometimes went directly into his hands because he was so far out of position.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
the only reason Stiner is better IMO is because he was so bad that picks sometimes went directly into his hands because he was so far out of position.
Has better stats? Yes, bc for some inexplicable reason we trotted him out there for three straight years.

DO THESE FUCHSING PEOE KNOW WE DONT HAVE TO PLAY THE MORE SENIOR GUY ALWAYS?

but he absolutely never made the appropriate play. he was never back there in coverage, he was 12 yards deep floating around. he was never covering the d gap in runs, he was 12 yards deep. I seriously do not remember a competent play out of him. He didnt get beat deep once or twice a game, like Kyle Jackson somehow being completely confused by it, Stiner got beaten every single fuchsing time. It is almost impossible to find a picture of him balk there doing his job.

Even in that picture of Marco not jumping, is was a GD post route like 20 yards deep. one safety should be in centerfield picking that off or two safetied on the hashes.

Nothing.

Ever.

And he isnt one of those heavy headhunter safeties that you just play down low in a zone or one high with the free safety deep.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Has better stats? Yes, bc for some inexplicable reason we trotted him out there for three straight years.

DO THESE FUCHSING PEOE KNOW WE DONT HAVE TO PLAY THE MORE SENIOR GUY ALWAYS?

but he absolutely never made the appropriate play. he was never back there in coverage, he was 12 yards deep floating around. he was never covering the d gap in runs, he was 12 yards deep. I seriously do not remember a competent play out of him. He didnt get beat deep once or twice a game, like Kyle Jackson somehow being completely confused by it, Stiner got beaten every single fuchsing time. It is almost impossible to find a picture of him balk there doing his job.

Even in that picture of Marco not jumping, is was a GD post route like 20 yards deep. one safety should be in centerfield picking that off or two safetied on the hashes.

Nothing.

Ever.

And he isnt one of those heavy headhunter safeties that you just play down low in a zone or one high with the free safety deep.

The best thing about him is that he loved to shy away from contact. So every time a receiver caught a ball he was 10 yards off of him. He didn’t cover crossing routes. He didn’t play deep. He didn’t play behind the line of scrimmage or close to it. He played around 10 yards from the LOS so that Slot receivers and running backs behind the LOS got a full head of steam before he even began to move. It seemed that he would just try to corral the receiver towards somebody else who could tackle him.

Any receivers over the middle just ran past him. He didn’t even try to cover them.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As much as I didn’t want us to get rid of Torrian Gray because of his recruiting acumen, our DB play Really, really, really went down the ****ter over the last two years.

Last year it was like neither he or Ron English even tried.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As much as I didn’t want us to get rid of Torrian Gray because of his recruiting acumen, our DB play Really, really, really went down the ****ter over the last two years.

Last year it was like neither he or Ron English even tried.
Jeebus. YOU THINK THEY WERE CALLING THAT DEFENSE?

It is the same shyt Third and Grantham has ALWAYS done. That is WHY he is Third and Grantham and has been since 2009 or so

It is actually very hard to stand 12 yards not moving and have to turn and go with a WR at full tilt already. If you cheat and start getting your body moving deep and they cut to medium route, you are screwed. If you hold to cover medium and short, youre beaten deep.

There is a reason the NFL coaches like him alot more than we did. They recognize the problem was scheme.

I have no idea what the safeties were doing. Stayung downlow to support our pitiful LBs? Playing robber. I really dont know.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Jeebus. YOU THINK THEY WERE CALLING THAT DEFENSE?

It is the same shyt Third and Grantham has ALWAYS done. That is WHY he is Third and Grantham and has been since 2009 or so

It is actually very hard to stand 12 yards not moving and have to turn and go with a WR at full tilt already. If you cheat and start getting your body moving deep and they cut to medium route, you are screwed. If you hold to cover medium and short, youre beaten deep.

There is a reason the NFL coaches like him alot more than we did. They recognize the problem was scheme.

I have no idea what the safeties were doing. Stayung downlow to support our pitiful LBs? Playing robber. I really dont know.

There's no doubt that scheme is the biggest issue. That said, I think(know) that Gray at least was checked out. And I’m not sure English ever checked in. Now, that could be in part because of the impossible position TG put them in and just generally hating working for the guy. Can’t blame them. But they were disconnected for sure.

As for Stiner’s odd looking play at times, I think I’ve decided he was just pulling a “Costanza”. Only instead of always acting stressed and mad to make himself look busy like George, DS just thought it would look better if he was at least running around and pointing to someone after the play to give the impression it was someone else’s fault. Probably brilliant in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator