Kids these days will never know….

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
Driving into a drive-in movie theater (with speakers) with 3 people in the trunk. The driver is the only one paying to get in. Let the others out of trunk after you park at speaker. Did it many times…

In my home town a car was $5, at the drive-in. Our record in my 1972 Lincoln Mark IV was 18 of us teenagers. There was a burger joint about 600yds from the entrance, everyone would park their cars there, then jump in mine for the double feature. Some of the best times of my life.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I bet nine would fit in that trunk. They were HUuuuuuuuuuuuge..........
here is another thing gone but forgotten , too.

327037153_593542889275492_6930618894864366783_n.jpg

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I bet nine would fit in that trunk. They were HUuuuuuuuuuuuge..........
here is another thing gone but forgotten , too.

View attachment 53977

Dunno if it still holds true now, but back in the day, the first place an inspector would check in a restaurant was the big ass prep table mounted #10 can opener. Things were never clean. The problem with the electric can openers was that you couldn't clean them. Great for 70's kids building up natural immunity to salmonella and e. coli though.

iu

Alex.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Dunno if it still holds true now, but back in the day, the first place an inspector would check in a restaurant was the big ass prep table mounted #10 can opener. Things were never clean. The problem with the electric can openers was that you couldn't clean them. Great for 70's kids building up natural immunity to salmonella and e. coli though.

Alex.
The food buildup on the gears was the first thing that I thought about when I saw the photo.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

iu

Alex.
We had two. One that was used and another that wasn’t.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This will make you feel old. We just saw a Toyota Celica from the early 90’s. It had a “historic” license plate. I could cry.

View attachment 53986
My first car was an 83 I got my senior year of high school in 88. Had 50K miles when I got it, when I said goodbye in early 2001 it had 248K and I had ran it without a odometer chain for at least 10K. No heat or ac, no radio, springs out of the seats, and rusted tailgate and doors, but the engine purred still. I got $700 on trade. It no doubt lived on for quite awhile after.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Waiting until 11pm news for a big story because you missed it at 6pm.
On the topic, having a local news crew like this. Leep is still the GOAT of local weatermen. Andy Hardy knew sports. Hugh Smith was class, too bad he didn't learn to stay away from North Nebraska Avenue though.

sddefault.jpg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Waiting until 11pm news for a big story because you missed it at 6pm.
When school was going to be called off for snow and ice prior to Facebook and texts, you would have to watch the news and wait for your county to scroll by with anticipation. If you missed your county you would have to wait five more minutes for it to come back up.

This morning we got a text at 5:30am telling us school was canceled, now go back to sleep. Not sure which one is better/worse.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator