Kids these days will never know….

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Knowledge of fly wheel starting is what allowed us as young (drunk) Lieutenants to fire up a steam roller and run over every picnic table on our camp in Korea.... but no, our kids will never know...
My first two cars were standards. Several times over the years I needed a “push start.”

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I’m old enough to remember back when toilet paper and eggs were so cheap and plentiful, we would throw them at people’s houses we didn’t like.

Alex.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
I haven't read through the thread but I'm certain this has already been mentioned......

Kids these days will never know the raw beauty of 90s Jennifer Connelly, who is the reason I married a brunette.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Reading box scores in the morning St Pete Times, not seeing the west coast ones until two days later and waiting until Saturday afternoon for the NBC game of the week and this….

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Not sure if this has been posted yet... View attachment 53937
I bet you were one of those snobby rich kids if you had one of those. Bet you now drive a bmw... :stickpoke:

This was my artificial motorcycle noise maker...
MotorcyleEdited-4.jpg

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
Holy McStuffins! I thought I was the only one that knew of Koogle. The chocolate peanut spread was the absolute best. That banana was a close second.
I can't remember if I ever ate it but I do remember the commercial jingle:
"Here comes Koogle with the goog goog googly eyes"
Or something like that...

Only thing that brought this to mind was hearing the name Riley Kugel on our BB team. There may be a terrible nickname opportunity in there.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Reading box scores in the morning St Pete Times, not seeing the west coast ones until two days later and waiting until Saturday afternoon for the NBC game of the week and this….

Agreed... and because it was 1984 week 17, I HAD to scroll though that video looking for my Tigers and was thinking "WTF?!?!?!?!" but it finally came through with a Kirk Gibson highlight at the very end. I actually remember that game and was at the game 2 days later when the Tigers beat the A's 14-1. Magical season for the summer going into and fall of my senior year in high school. Funny thing is that "Class of '84" tries to claim that Tiger WS win as "theirs," but it was really ours as Class of '85... those loser retards from '84 were already graduated!

Jax Gator

Founding Member
Swamp Thing
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Driving into a drive-in movie theater (with speakers) with 3 people in the trunk. The driver is the only one paying to get in. Let the others out of trunk after you park at speaker. Did it many times…

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Driving into a drive-in movie theater (with speakers) with 3 people in the trunk. The driver is the only one paying to get in. Let the others out of trunk after you park at speaker. Did it many times…
That woulda been well before the 80's in the Detroit area... they'd check the trunk if the ass end was riding even a smidge low!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
      Members
      Latest member
      fishermb