Kids these days will never know….

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Here’s one now that I’m a dad. All my sons battery powered toys are chargeable. You can’t just put some AA’s into it. It’s a pain in the a$$ to keep the cords organized or make sure it’s charged for when he wants to play.

I’d gladly pay the cost for a couple Duracells to not deal with that nonsense.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Here’s one now that I’m a dad. All my sons battery powered toys are chargeable. You can’t just put some AA’s into it. It’s a pain in the a$$ to keep the cords organized or make sure it’s charged for when he wants to play.

I’d gladly pay the cost for a couple Duracells to not deal with that nonsense.
Make it easy on yourself and only give your kids toys that takes their own effort to operate. Leave the battery powered toys for your wife... :stickpoke:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
It was a sad, sad day when they replaced the proper, 50 pound rubber coated solid block swing seats that knocked the schit out of kids heads if they didn't clear it fast enough with those stupid flimsy rubber strip "U" seats...

A. Rite of passage
B. Survival of the fittest
C. Darwinism, a real life experience
D. All of the above

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
It was a sad, sad day when they replaced the proper, 50 pound rubber coated solid block swing seats that knocked the schit out of kids heads if they didn't clear it fast enough with those stupid flimsy rubber strip "U" seats...
Ours were made of 2X6 lumber. With bolt ends showing on the bottom. Rubber, meh.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The new design made standing up and jumping at the swing apex much more difficult.

That was the opening salvo that made our kids candy a$$, peanut/bread/milk fearing, tree huggers that grew up to be $hitty (but elite) UF LB and Safeties.

Dwight D. Eisenhower missed the other true dominoe affect... safety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.