Kids these days will never know….

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Pan Am, TWA

Trailways, Greyhound bus lines ( they are still in business but market has shrunk.). I used greyhound to run away once. :lol:

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Pan Am, TWA

Trailways, Greyhound bus lines ( they are still in business but market has shrunk.). I used greyhound to run away once. :lol:
Eastern. Took the Greyhound to Tampa when I was 11 (by myself) to visit my Grandma. Took it to college and back once. Rode the train from Gville to PCola once too.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Eastern. Took the Greyhound to Tampa when I was 11 (by myself) to visit my Grandma. Took it to college and back once. Rode the train from Gville to PCola once too.
I was going to throw Eastern in there too... was definitely one of the primaries in Detroit as a kid.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Too right! Photoshop can amputate a limb and the kid would keep on trying to run!
:lol: I didn't notice that in the photo.

IIRC, it would work briefly if you threw it in the air (Long enough to catch you in the head or back) and then fall to the ground and "snake".

After begging the parental units for it ... weeks probably, I got bored after 15 minutes.

Those dastardly advertisers exaggerated too much.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
The best was when you’d get fed up and just pull it straight to untangle it. It would create these sections of straight, odd looking cord that refused to ever go back to their original form despite years being shaped that way. It was almost as if it took your actions personally.
My preference was to hold one spot of the cord up as high as I could, and then just let the receiver hang and spin and spin and spin until it was back to normal.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Pan Am, TWA

A few years back, my MIL took a Greyhound from West Palm(on Quadrille) to visit us in Gainesville because she isn’t comfortable driving “long distances”. Something like 14 hours total, sitting with some of the finest people Fl has to offer. It was an excellent decision.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
A few years back, my MIL took a Greyhound from West Palm(on Quadrille) to visit us in Gainesville because she isn’t comfortable driving “long distances”. Something like 14 hours total, sitting with some of the finest people Fl has to offer. It was an excellent decision.
i'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess she hasn't done it since.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
i'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess she hasn't done it since.

She has not. But the idea still gets floated once in a while. In her defense, she went from a village in the mountains of DR, to Brooklyn and then other big cities that are very fragmented and neighborhood based. Her whole life takes place within like 3 mile radius and has for years. Even my wife wanted to know where we stop for a break the first time we went to Orlando(less than 2 hours away). I’m pretty reasonable so I told her we don’t.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I talked to some kids today that we’re having an 80’s Glow party so I started describing the 80’s.
One boy looked at me and said, “Whoah, you were alive in the 80’s??? Are you like 35?”

:cry2:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.