Kids these days will never know….

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I had to Google this monstrosity.

It was worse than I imagined.

Tang (which is terrible), instant tea with lemon (which is terrible), powdered lemonade if you used plain instant tea instead of the lemony one (which is terrible), sugar, cinnamon, and cloves. OK, the last 3 ingredients are pretty good. But the rest of it??? (shudders)

Have y’all ever had mulled cider or mulled wine?

If you have fond memories of this hideous Tang concoction, you really need to try the good stuff. Purchase some decent mulling spices and go to work. Tastes great and makes your house smell like Christmas.

Alex.
I can see how Russian Tea might not be very appealing when looking at the ingredients. But when mixed well and served HOT it is actually pretty good. When it is cold it isn't nearly as good IMO...

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Are we referring to the tea kettle, the oil dispenser, or the heating element. Or the stove color? Or the backslash? And how did you get a picture of our kitchen?
yes

actually it's the rectangular buttons at the front of the stove that I was referring to.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I can see how Russian Tea might not be very appealing when looking at the ingredients. But when mixed well and served HOT it is actually pretty good. When it is cold it isn't nearly as good IMO...

One of my best friends growing up had a father from Denmark who was always breaking out traditional danish fare on the weekends. Things like these horrendous cheeses and dried rancid shark. People, even his kids, would literally sometimes have to leave the house because of the smell. But he was always “I know it smells bad, but mixed together, on bread it tastes quite good”. The point is if you have to defend it and explain how with the right combination, perfect temp, adequate lighting, etc. it’s good, you’ve already lost. Kindly keep that disaster in your state.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
One of my best friends growing up had a father from Denmark who was always breaking out traditional danish fare on the weekends. Things like these horrendous cheeses and dried rancid shark. People, even his kids, would literally sometimes have to leave the house because of the smell. But he was always “I know it smells bad, but mixed together, on bread it tastes quite good”. The point is if you have to defend it and explain how with the right combination, perfect temp, adequate lighting, etc. it’s good, you’ve already lost. Kindly keep that disaster in your state.
So... like jazz... or not liking Nickelback.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
using grocery bags to cover school books

View attachment 57931
We still have to do that at my son's school. However it's a private school where they still do things that public schools no longer do so who knows. He's in 4th grade and they were only allowed to write in cursive this year. 4th grade boys don't have the neatest cursive handwriting so every time I would ask him what a word was I got questioned on if I even knew how to read cursive.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I was young so wouldn't really know, but I would wager a pack of that silver tinsel on the far left, likely cost no more than a quarter back then. Now look at it.....geez. :headslap:

Speaking of Christmas--I know they still make these things for nostalgia nuts(and expensive too) but who would buy one nowadays anyway??

View attachment 57935
Ours had a light with a rotating disk that used four colors.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I was young so wouldn't really know, but I would wager a pack of that silver tinsel on the far left, likely cost no more than a quarter back then. Now look at it.....geez. :headslap:

Speaking of Christmas--I know they still make these things for nostalgia nuts(and expensive too) but who would buy one nowadays anyway??

View attachment 57935
Even worse were the ones like that in the '70's and there was like a blue floor light that shined on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb