Kiffin to LSU as OC

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, so was Jimbo Fisher. He's won an NC.....and is 9-1 vs. the SEC....and recruits top 5 classes.

It's a crap shoot.

Pete Carroll (another Kiffin mentor) was not necessarily successful when he was younger....and made a hell of a comeback later in his career.

You would think that coaches/people learn from their mistakes. But again, it's a crap shoot.

Pete Carroll other than his first season with the Jets, he never had a losing record in the NFL before going to USC

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, Kiffin isn't going to an NFL job is he?

Discussing Pete Carroll, He had one losing season as a HC before taking over USC, then after two losing seasons with Seattle (one division champion at 7-9) he has had 4 straight winning seasons (technically could still end up 7-8-1 this season).

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
To be honest...I hope it all happens just so I can see Nick/Bama fall. I wish we could be the one's to do it but let's be real...nobody at UF is going to spend the money or put the resources into place it takes nor or we going to do "what is nessacery to reel in the elite players consistently" it takes to beat Bama on a regular basis. So I'm forced to pull for anyone (in the SEC) that will slap that midget off the mountain top!
Saban won't fail. He will retire. He has a self-fulfilling cycle. Elite players win games. Winning games attracts elite players. Wash, rinse, repeat. He is a brand. The best brand in college football.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair, Kiffin got fired from USC. But he left UT on his own, after only one year (to take the USC job) so he didn't necessarily "squander" that job. The Oakland job was a disaster and a no-win situation and the front office was run by a certified nut job! Other than running his mouth, he didn't necessarily "squander" his job opportunities. He was run out of USC for not winning enough, he went 28-15.

I'm not advocating that he's a great coach. But he's 4 years removed from USC and has been mentored by the best coach in CFB the last 3 years. He's had 3 QBs in 3 years and has done an admirable job. Most importantly, he's kept his mouth shut. He's 41 years old now, not a "kid" anymore (by head coaching standards). I think he gets a good P5 job and soon.
New QBs but stud line. AA would Look good back there.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Has Kiffin really done that great of a job at Bama? It's the same offense they've had for years before he got there, including under Mac. They have the best OL in the nation, as always. There's absolutely nothing difficult about that job.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Has Kiffin really done that great of a job at Bama? It's the same offense they've had for years before he got there, including under Mac. They have the best OL in the nation, as always. There's absolutely nothing difficult about that job.
Have you watched them play at all? It's not remotely the same offense.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Yep that's my point. Hey guys we're gonna run off tackle we will use our five-star massive ability to run over everyone's three and four stars then will use your five star speed to out run the four star LB. on second down we will do a play action pass to our big tight end or hit the wheel route to our five star wide receiver. If they have all that covered with their one 5 star defense of player we will use our four-star other wide receiver. On third down… Wait a second we don't really get in third downs just threw a bomb to our five-star

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Yep that's my point. Hey guys we're gonna run off tackle we will use our five-star massive ability to run over everyone's three and four stars then will use your five star speed to out run the four star LB. on second down we will do a play action pass to our big tight end or hit the wheel route to our five star wide receiver. If they have all that covered with their one 5 star defense of player we will use our four-star other wide receiver. On third down… Wait a second we don't really get in third downs just threw a bomb to our five-star
I forgot to add I am now a great offense of Cordinator

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
I think Kiffin will stay where he is until he gets a big offer from a top-tier school. Why would he go anywhere else as an assistant? And why would he take a HC job at a losing school? Not going to happen. He has it made right now. He gets to execute his offense with some of the best players in the country. Just think about how good Hurts is going to be in a year or two...
Dare I say us... if mac heads to Oregon??? Please no...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The offense Kiffin is running is absolutely nothing like what McElwain ran at Alabama. He was brought to Alabama to specifically change up the offense to more of a spread, as Saban saw that's where CFB was going. Damn, outside of Florida football do some of you ever watch other teams/games? Unbelievable anyone would think McElwain's Alabama offense was/is the same as Kiffin's.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The offense Kiffin is running is absolutely nothing like what McElwain ran at Alabama. He was brought to Alabama to specifically change up the offense to more of a spread, as Saban saw that's where CFB was going. Damn, outside of Florida football do some of you ever watch other teams/games? Unbelievable anyone would think McElwain's Alabama offense was/is the same as Kiffin's.
It's the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator