Kirby is Richting: Georgia crushed by LSU

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Wow. They’ve had 3 of the best QB recruits and they are in meltdown after one game?

UGA had a ton of departures. The idea that you just “reload” with stellar recruiting classes is a myth. As Saban attempts to remind the world repeatedly, nothing is automatic. It’s recruiting + coaching + preparation + focus. Experience is the best teacher and it is normal to take some lumps even as you’re building towards a championship.

Getting rolled at LSU May do for them what losing to Kentucky did for UF, but I think that won’t last long when they find themselves getting hammered again in front of a rabid and revitalized Gator Nation. The puppies tuck their tails pretty quickly and resort to form.

I expect a slug fest and think the Gators have a very good chance to beat them and think we will.
They are beyond delusional. They act like the won the natty last year. I’m surprised they haven’t hung a banner like UCF

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Big win for LSU. Really surprised at how easily UGA crumbled under pressure, but glad to see it happen. Gives us a lot of positive energy heading into the Cocktail Party.

I'm very please w/ Franks this year and his ability to bounce back from bad plays/throws/turnovers/situations. Mullen and Johnson have done a tremendous job. IMO, the two turnovers he had yesterday were bad play calls. They shouldn't put him in those situations (and the handoff to Pierce was off/odd) - all easily fixed after film study.

UGA lost by 20 to Auburn last year, still won the SEC Championship, and played for the NC. Let's just win in Jax and they'll have nothing to play for (except beating UK to give us the East).

That was my point. Lose two games, one to an arch rival by 20, and another that in essence tells everyone that your SEC crown was a technicality, and it cannot be considered a great season.

I’m with you though. I feel like I’ve spent the whole season saying, “now just win this one and I’ll be happy”. But this and in Tally are huge for us.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Georgia turned over the ball four times. LSU didn't require yeoman work from Burrow, though he was typically efficient. The turnovers, 145 yards on the ground from Edwards and solid run defense did the trick.

We've got two weeks to prepare for these guys. Rip a page or two from the LSU playbook. Be aggressive. It's a long shot, but I think with the mojo we've got going we can make a game of it.

We have to stop the run, get a couple turnovers, keep rushers off Franks as much as possible.

I think it essential Gators run effectively against the Dwags to win. Heavy doses of Toney, Scarlett, Perrine and Pierce. Franks on occasion but he scares me when he runs. Ungainly and takes some hits. Turnover waiting to happen. Still, I like his attitude and that of all his teammates.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I think it essential Gators run effectively against the Dwags to win. Heavy doses of Toney, Scarlett, Perrine and Pierce. Franks on occasion but he scares me when he runs. Ungainly and takes some hits. Turnover waiting to happen. Still, I like his attitude and that of all his teammates.

Franks needs to do what Burrow did to the Dwags. Selective runs when they are open.

UForFU

Nov 17, 2017
Called this loss from a mile away. Georgia only looked good against other teams when depth became a factor but bunch of games they started out looking just ok. Depth wasn't going to be an issue for LSU and coming off a big loss to play at home with talent good enough to expose Georgia's weaknesses, you knew this was likely a loss for the ball-lickers.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Smart is Muschamp 2.0.... when equal or better talent or coaching gets into the equation, he is average at best.

Gatormb

Jul 26, 2018
I don’t see our kids backing down from anyone. We may not match up talent wise, but I’ll bet we don’t quit no matter what happens.

Hold on to the rope!!!!

human-hand-holding-rope-close-up-image-33385183.jpg

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I thought the same thing. At least they could have centered the microphone in the banner and you wouldn't see it.
What do expect from a school that all the grads have their picture taken under an arch with a beam in the middle of it?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Smart is Muschamp 2.0.... when equal or better talent or coaching gets into the equation, he is average at best.
No, no, no.

Mushchump 2.0 is Stoops at Kintucky.
Mushchump 3.0 is that dude at Vandy
Mushchump 4.0 is the Dwag
Mushchump 5.0 is at Cuzzin Rapers

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members