Kirby poaches Saban’s S&C coach

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
I think the discussion is already going on in the "Savage" thread.

Wait, that was all wrong - In before merge!

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
????????????????????

That would be like UF poaching Brent Venables to be our new OC. This will be his first on the field coaching gig in 13 years. I don't get it.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
????????????????????

That would be like UF poaching Brent Venables to be our new OC. This will be his first on the field coaching gig in 13 years. I don't get it.

Interesting that he took the job with UGA. Kiffin offered him an on field role at Ole Miss earlier this year.

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
The ESPNu sportscasters make out to be a big deal but don't you think there was a reason Saban wouldn't let him coach on the field....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
????????????????????

Same reason Shart payed $800k to "steal" one of the worst DB coaches in the SEC (but thanks for Heave to Cleve and the other last second TD the year before) from us, stupidity and desperation.

Last edited:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Interesting that he took the job with UGA. Kiffin offered him an on field role at Ole Miss earlier this year.

Apparently, he & Kirby are close friends from their time together on Bama’s staff.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
we are proof that you CAN play without an actual special teams coach.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Dwag stink on him forever now.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Scott Cochran takes pay cut to head to Georgia

Scott Cochran takes pay cut to head to Georgia

Scott Cochran took a pay cut to leave Alabama for an SEC rival.

Cochran, who left Alabama to become special teams coordinator at Georgia, will make $550,000 next year, according to an AL.com public records request. He made $595,000 last year at Alabama.

Cochran’s base salary will be $325,000 and his supplementary income is $225,000. While less than what he made at Alabama, it is a significant uptick in salary from what Georgia paid its last special teams coordinator, Scott Fountain, who made $330,050 in 2019, according to USA Today’s salary database. This is Cochran’s first on-field coaching job after a career spent working in the strength and conditioning world.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
i heard cochran was getting pretty big for his britches in bama and maybe rubbing saban the wrong way, heard he was doing commercials and had his own show. saban might have wanted/nudged him to leave

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
i heard cochran was getting pretty big for his britches in bama and maybe rubbing saban the wrong way, heard he was doing commercials and had his own show. saban might have wanted/nudged him to leave

The Athletic article says that he's been asking Saban for an on-field role for a while and has aspirations to be a head coach someday. Can't blame him for leaving. Honestly, I'm surprised Saban didn't give him a role (on-field position). He probably made the better choice taking the UGA job vs. the Ole Miss job w/ Kiffin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.