Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Bryant’s are desperate for money, so I’m glad to see the lawsuit.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
i was listening to the radio and they said in addition to suing the carrier, shes also suing the dead pilot which means his family. sorry, but if this is true shes a complete and total POS and i hope she gets nothing.

imagine, your husband/father who makes a decent but middle class income has just died in a horrific vehicle crash, and for 2 months straight, all you hear about, as you grieve and try to figure out how to pay the mortgage and put food on the table, are the OTHER people who died without a mention of your dad/husband... and then, BAM you get slapped with a lawsuit from the 300 million dollar family of one of the other crash victims. real classy, real classy...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I also can’t imagine the size of the life insurance policy that Kobe must’ve had.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps Mrs. Bryant will give the majority of her settlement to charity. Yeah.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
The lawsuit names Island Express Helicopters Inc., operator of the service, and Island Express Holding Corp., owner of the craft. It also targets pilot Ara Zobayan's representative or successor, listed only as “Doe 1” until a name can be determined.

The love of money is the root of all evil. In today's greedy world, in the face of tragedy, people are interested in how they can financially prosper from the loss. Not to say that in some cases litigation isn't appropriate, but some of these lawsuits are simply ridiculous.

On a separate note, was Lebron not at the memorial?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Imagine the emotional stress brought on the poor injury lawyer who was forced to file this.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
While on the subject, Brad Beal dropped 55 on the Bucks last night to become the first player since Kobe to log 50-plus points on successive nights.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
The love of money is the root of all evil. In today's greedy world, in the face of tragedy, people are interested in how they can financially prosper from the loss. Not to say that in some cases litigation isn't appropriate, but some of these lawsuits are simply ridiculous.

On a separate note, was Lebron not at the memorial?
It’ll be interesting to see how it goes. Wonder what her response will be if she finds out the pilot felt pressured by him to fly.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This will be interesting. This will be where we see whether or not the pilot was getting pushed to fly.

Sometimes the strategy is to sue the pilot bc you know the other families are getting ready to sue Kobe's estate.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Also read somewhere the pilot had been reprimanded before for flying in low visibility weather. Maybe that spurred the lawsuit.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This will be interesting. This will be where we see whether or not the pilot was getting pushed to fly.

Sometimes the strategy is to sue the pilot bc you know the other families are getting ready to sue Kobe's estate.

Your comment reminded me of this...

The owners of the boat in the California fire that killed 34 are employing a legal strategy described as 'heartless' that could limit payouts to $0

I seriously doubt it's a money grab but probably strategic in nature. How would anyone prove he was pressured into flying?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Your comment reminded me of this...

The owners of the boat in the California fire that killed 34 are employing a legal strategy described as 'heartless' that could limit payouts to $0

I seriously doubt it's a money grab but probably strategic in nature. How would anyone prove he was pressured into flying?
I think there's a decent likelihood that some of the other families were there before they flew off, agreed? the flight itself was delayed for a while then the flight got delayed mid-flight also.

Did they hear Kobe insisting that the pilot fly now so they were not late? Or did they hear the pilot assuring Kobe that he could fly through this mess while Kobe just wanted to call a car.

We will see what comes of it.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The thing people often don't understand about aircraft is how you create your own gravity and how that affects your perception. When you pull any amount of G (G stands for gravity), the little hairs in your inner ear get pulled in that direction by the acceleration force. Those hairs are used to being pulled straight toward the earth due to gravity, but when a plane is pulling any G they are being pulled in the opposite direction. With visual reference to the horizon this is no big deal but when you can't see anything your brain easily gets confused as to which way is up.

One of the best visual demonstrations of G force being controlled by the pilot is this old video from a famed test pilot named Bob Hoover.

I could do that. I could fly a mean Aerobat back in the day. :dance:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I think there's a decent likelihood that some of the other families were there before they flew off, agreed? the flight itself was delayed for a while then the flight got delayed mid-flight also.

Did they hear Kobe insisting that the pilot fly now so they were not late? Or did they hear the pilot assuring Kobe that he could fly through this mess while Kobe just wanted to call a car.

We will see what comes of it.
I mean either way, I think she wins something because the pilot is ultimately responsible for the safety of the aircraft. What will be interesting to see is if they signed some sort of life and limb waiver.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics