Kurt Roper to Browns?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Roper was a solid play caller. As the season wore on, his play calling drastically changed as Champ put the clamps on him. **** Muschamp.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n164968 said:
He deserves blame just as much as Pease deserved the blame he received. He still has lots to prove before we go calling him a great offensive coordinator or even a decent one.
Pease was a scapegoat

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n165106 said:
Pease was a scapegoat

I agree. Coordinators who have had success in the past suddenly became trash when they got here. It was 2 main issues in my book (or 1 main issue since Muschamp insisted that he be the starter) - Muschamp and Driskel. I rememberRoper having that grin he was trying to hide when praising how Driskel was coming along. He knew before the season he was in trouble probably.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n165106 said:
Pease was a scapegoat

Pease also has a history of being a $hitty coordinator... was he the scape goat in Kentucky, Baylor, etc... if he was such a great OC, why isn't he one now?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n164993 said:
Roper was a solid play caller. As the season wore on, his play calling drastically changed as Champ put the clamps on him. **** Muschamp.

Roper was a better playcaller than Pease, by far.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n167045 said:
Pease also has a history of being a $hitty coordinator... was he the scape goat in Kentucky, Baylor, etc... if he was such a great OC, why isn't he one now?

Because he came to Florida under Muschamp. His old coach hired him back when he had an opening and those schools on average did worse on offense the year after he left

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n167434 said:
Because he came to Florida under Muschamp. His old coach hired him back when he had an opening and those schools on average did worse on offense the year after he left

I think we went over this an they were also worse we he got there except for one. We have gone through the numbers before Fever, and everytime we do you stop talking about it, because the numbers are not in Pease favor. I'm not going to waste my time with you on this subject again. The net loss is always against Pease, from when he got there, and then after he left.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n167441 said:
I think we went over this an they were also worse we he got there except for one. We have gone through the numbers before Fever, and everytime we do you stop talking about it, because the numbers are not in Pease favor. I'm not going to waste my time with you on this subject again. The net loss is always against Pease, from when he got there, and then after he left.

The numbers the next season are in his favor a little you just ignore them. Roper was running about the same yards a game as Pease until Driskel was finally yanked also.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n167512 said:
The numbers the next season are in his favor a little you just ignore them. Roper was running about the same yards a game as Pease until Driskel was finally yanked also.

We have gone over those number as well, and in all but one case they are still against him. The net loss after he has been there, has in all but one case been worse from when he took the job, and when he left it. Meaning there is a net negative. When I brought that up to you the last time, you disappeared.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
The "order of blame" for our pathetic offense:
1. Muschamp
2. Driskel
3. Any Driskel backup who didn't have the obvious skills to dethrone him (Brissett/Murphy/Harris)
4. Pease
5. Roper

As long as Driskel was our quarterback, NO coach stood a chance to have a competent offense. I put Muschamp #1 b/c he was the idiot leader who could not make Driskel better, nor could Muschamp find someone better than him. Even though Pease/Roper spent most of the time with the offense, the head coach is always accountable.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I'm glad he's got a job after coaching offense under muschamp's heavy thumb.

( and I bet he can tell you all about the midline too)

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n167753 said:
Perhaps JD is a good QB who Muschamp destroyed. If he can destroy OCs, I am sure he can destroy QBs as well.

I don't think JD ever had the mental toughiness it takes to be a good qb in the SEC, but he didn't have the coaches from the top down to make him one either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator