Kyle Pitts runs a 4.46; Jerry Jones "infatuated" with him

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I think Chase and Smith are superb wide receivers. But you can find really good wide receivers. Pitts will change the entire offense.

They should trade the pick and drop back to about number 10 or so. Penei won’t be there for them anyway. Then grab Pitts with that pick. If Penei is there at 3, grab him, and then trade up from 18 to 10 and grab Pitts.

What I don’t know, is if Tua uses the TE well. Yes – I know he plays a WR/TE hybrid, but if it doesn’t fit Tua’s skill set, it might be better to draft Chase. The Dolphins don’t have an elite WR. They would have one overnight with Chase.
No way is Pitts going to still be there at #10.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think Chase and Smith are superb wide receivers. But you can find really good wide receivers. Pitts will change the entire offense.

They should trade the pick and drop back to about number 10 or so. Penei won’t be there for them anyway. Then grab Pitts with that pick. If Penei is there at 3, grab him, and then trade up from 18 to 10 and grab Pitts.

What I don’t know, is if Tua uses the TE well. Yes – I know he plays a WR/TE hybrid, but if it doesn’t fit Tua’s skill set, it might be better to draft Chase. The Dolphins don’t have an elite WR. They would have one overnight with Chase.

You're not concerned about Smith's size? 6'1" 175lbs? I don't think he's adding any more weight. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player with the best hands and best route running we've seen in a long time, but 175lbs pushes him out of the top half of the first round for me. I'd take Chase and Pitts ahead of Smith. Do I take Waddle ahead of Smith? I dunno. Maybe. I'd sure as hell think about it.

Alex.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You're not concerned about Smith's size? 6'1" 175lbs? I don't think he's adding any more weight. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player with the best hands and best route running we've seen in a long time, but 175lbs pushes him out of the top half of the first round for me. I'd take Chase and Pitts ahead of Smith. Do I take Waddle ahead of Smith? I dunno. Maybe. I'd sure as hell think about it.

Alex.

really tells you how recruiting matters. Recruit 5 star receivers and get 5 star production.

Waddle is great as well. Not as good as Smith IMO.

see the link below.

Bama WR Smith: Tape better measure than size

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
really tells you how recruiting matters. Recruit 5 star receivers and get 5 star production.

Waddle is great as well. Not as good as Smith IMO.

see the link below.

Bama WR Smith: Tape better measure than size

Recruiting matters, no doubt. But add all those 5* with coordinators with NFL experience. The Alabama offense had an NFL offensive coordinator at the helm. Just look at the different in routes and play selection during the SEC Championship game. One is pro level other is average college level. Huge Difference. Bama's receivers come out knowing the route tree, option routes and how to read coverages.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Likely wind-assisted. Some of you track nerds might be able to adjust it.

BTW Pitts was very likely born in the same hospital as I was in Abington, PA. The only reason I was delivered there instead of a closer hospital is that when my older sister was born a year and a half earlier, my father refused to pay the bill at the local hospital because he was so furious at the doctor who delivered her. True story, and I have at least a dozen others like it about my dad and his 'Scottish heritage.'

In any case, I wonder if the fact that he is from Philadelphia might mean he'll end up with an Eagles team that will be very bad for at least the next five years.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Pasty, I know all in your family must be possessed, but can your sister be repossessed?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Likely wind-assisted. Some of you track nerds might be able to adjust it.

BTW Pitts was very likely born in the same hospital as I was in Abington, PA. The only reason I was delivered there instead of a closer hospital is that when my older sister was born a year and a half earlier, my father refused to pay the bill at the local hospital because he was so furious at the doctor who delivered her. True story, and I have at least a dozen others like it about my dad and his 'Scottish heritage.'

6c56dcd2-feed-42d5-af49-d9b85d1e7306_text.gif

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Alex.

With the way the rules are called now smaller guys are excelling... similar to Tyrek Hill for the Cheifs. DBs really can using bump and run coverage, so receivers don't have to fight through DBs anymore.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
( A stud QB is easily worth 2 high first round picks. Look at what Detroit got for Stafford and the prices people are discussing for Deshaun Watson and Russell Wilson.
If teams are a little patient, the price for Watson will come waaaaaayyyyy down. If he were a stock, your broker would be telling you to sell.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
try 16.

Edit: Damn it @NVGator give me half a chance to respond!!
Are the Dolphins still willing to give up Tua and three first-round picks for him? We have a ton of "rub and tug" operations down here in Sofla for him to choose from, and none of the "therapists" would dare breathe a word to the authorities. The parlor owners aren't exactly gentle when they step out of line, and their work visas expired 25 years ago.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Are the Dolphins still willing to give up Tua and three first-round picks for him? We have a ton of "rub and tug" operations down here in Sofla for him to choose from, and none of the "therapists" would dare breath a word to the authorities. The parlor owners aren't exactly gentle when they step out of line, and their work visas expired 25 years ago.

So business is going well for you Pasty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb